PDA

View Full Version : leverage...

AngryScientist
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
sorry for the rash of new threads lately, my mind is wandering around a new build, and i do value the forum's collective experience and feedback.

has anyone ridden these new TRPs yet? how is the build quality and feel? do these use essentially the same exact hood shape as the new campy levers?

http://www.excelsports.com/image/TRP%20RRL%20SR%20Brake%20Levers.jpg

laupsi
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
never ridden them but will admit they're different looking

dustyrider
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't know the answer to two of your questions, but I spent a long time holding them last year and talking with the rep. I really like them in my hand, I have big hands, I also love the way they look, and think they're reasonably priced. They certainly feel like a quality piece to me. I've never ridden campy just touched it once or twice. :eek:

When the textro set I have, that came with my commuter/tourer, die these will be going on my bike, but that's most likely years away...

Nooch
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Find Titans and ask him... i believe he's got them on his bedford fixed -- and he's a campyphile.

D

dookie
08-01-2012, 03:05 PM
very similar contours to the latest gen campy, but not quite identical. less inward curve on the hoods, more curves in the lever blade (imho/atmo). definitely large...look large on the bars and fit large in the hands. build quality is excellent, well worth the street price if they fit.

titans
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Link below to my Bedford fixie with TRP levers. Levers are very well made and has a quick release button that snaps back when you depress the lever. No need to hold the lever and push release button back in. Cool feature. I use them with Campy Chorus brakes and I don't feel that there are any significant differences in performance from my regular Campy 11 levers. I prefer the black hoods over the gum colored ones. The shape isn't exactly the same but it is close. The drilling also brings back memories of the old days...aah...Clement Criterium Setas...Pantographed rings...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=106332

Nooch
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Link below to my Bedford fixie with TRP levers. Levers are very well made and has a quick release button that snaps back when you depress the lever. No need to hold the lever and push release button back in. Cool feature. I use them with Campy Chorus brakes and I don't feel that there are any significant differences in performance from my regular Campy 11 levers. I prefer the black hoods over the gum colored ones. The shape isn't exactly the same but it is close. The drilling also brings back memories of the old days...aah...Clement Criterium Setas...Pantographed rings...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=106332

all i have to do is mention your name and you appear, eh? :banana: thanks Titans!

MattTuck
08-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Nick, dude... you're always building something!!

Is this going on the fixie? Are you going to do 6 gaps with it? Or did 3 gaps get that desire out of your system?