PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy the L&M Stella 600 from the CC sale on July 20th?

DRZRM
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Here's the thing, I bought a Light & Motion Stella 600 for night rides from chainlove and it came up about a week later on Competitive Cyclist's TdF sale at the same price, $150 (50% off $300). They claimed on both sites that it came with their 3 cell rechargeable battery but they shipped me the one with the weaker 2 cell battery instead. When I talked to customer service they claimed that they had been mistaken and that all of the Stella 600 advertised with the 3 cell battery--across all of their sites (Chain Love, Huck and Roll, and Competitive Cyclist) were actually sold with the less costly 2 cell battery.

So I wonder if there is anyone who actually received this thing with a 3 cell battery? I got the feeling that they were just covering their error by claiming a much larger error so they didn't have to take responsibility for making it right. Feel free to respond here or by PM, your help is much appreciated.

sjbraun
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Both ads listed three cell batteries.

DRZRM
07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I know. They are claiming both ads were mistakes and that the entire company only had the 2-cells. The customer service rep. said if they had sold any with 3-cell batteries they would have to make it right for me, but as it was a big error across the platforms they can't do anything except absorb the shipping costs. Seemed suspicious.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/drzrm/CCStella.jpg

vqdriver
07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
you can decide if it's worth it to you for the two cell, but if not they've been pretty good about returns and such. since it's an advertising error, they just email you a shipping label and issue a refund.

DRZRM
07-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I know, they are happy to take them back and they already refunded shipping costs to me. I'll likely keep it, but the difference between the 2 cell and 3 cell battery is 45 minutes on high beam (1.5 hrs vs. 2.25 hrs). I just wanted to know if they were BSing me.

you can decide if it's worth it to you for the two cell, but if not they've been pretty good about returns and such. since it's an advertising error, they just email you a shipping label and issue a refund.

beeatnik
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
This kind of thing seems to happening more and more often with CC since their acquisition. The HED Ardennes had an erroneous description as well. I wonder how many other of their other TDF sale items were also misrepresented.