PDA

View Full Version : Olympic result spoiler

pablo pinchasso
07-28-2012, 10:10 AM
delete link go find your own then....!~
Taylor 4th

Jason E
07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
It would be good form to change your title to spoiler as many are taping it for later.

Bruce K
07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Title fixed.

Please - use "spoiler" in race result titles

BK

pablo pinchasso
07-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Thats not fair..........I thought there was free speech in this country....

Fixed
07-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Vino the
Guy is amazing IMHO
Cheers

Uncle Jam's Army
07-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Old Guys Rule!!!!

rice rocket
07-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Do we really need 5 threads on this? Mods, there's a merge topic function... :fight:

VTCaraco
07-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I sat there explaining to my 14 yr old that Vino (and Uran) had no chance. That the other group had too many big guns. That this was all race tactics...estimating how much faster you can go without going too soon. He kept asking 'when are they going to go, Dad'. When I saw the 1km I thought they better go soon. Once the 500 m sign came and the chase group wasn't gaining, I realized that the old guy would win.

Fixed nailed it. Hats off to Vino.
He sure did look happy basking in the post-victory salutations of teammates and competition.
I would think that this was/is surely his last viable shot.

Vino the
Guy is amazing IMHO
Cheers

soulspinner
07-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Old Guys Rule!!!!

Yeah!

firerescuefin
07-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Old Guys Rule!!!!

...5 years ago...I would have loved this result. Now I find it very unsatisfying.

craptacular
07-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Old Guys Rule!!!!

Old (convicted drug cheat) Guys Rule

tuxbailey
07-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Thats not fair..........I thought there was free speech in this country....

That may be the case but this is not a public place... so free speech doesn't really apply.

PQJ
07-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Old (convicted drug cheat) Guys Rule

Whatever. He served his time. He rides with guts and passion. Not afraid to attack and lose. He has earned me respect the past few years. Thrilled with the result.

firerescuefin
07-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Whatever. He served his time. He rides with guts and passion. Not afraid to attack and lose. He has earned me respect the past few years. Thrilled with the result.

He's a fraud that was so desperate that he put other peoples blood in him...then denied it ever happened....fwiw..I used to be a huge fan. The year he is retiring after a poor tour performance wins the Gold...sorry for not jumping on the hooray bandwagon

1happygirl
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
He's a fraud that was so desperate that he put other peoples blood in him...then denied it ever happened....fwiw..I used to be a huge fan. The year he is retiring after a poor tour performance wins the Gold...sorry for not jumping on the hooray bandwagon

Never a fan but agree wholeheartedly.

firerescuefin
07-28-2012, 01:50 PM
delete link go find your own then....!~
Taylor 4th

You would do well with my 2 year old...but I fear you would just reinforce his current behavior.

Matt-H
07-28-2012, 02:06 PM
You would do well with my 2 year old...but I fear you would just reinforce his current behavior.

um, +1.

rodcad
07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
I still find these posts abouts "don't spoil" things amusing. I hear both sides but....

Myself, If I don't want to know who won say the British Open and was taping it, I'd avoid the golf channel, general news and newspapers. That's just me.

Jason E
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
It is a common courtesy on this forum. The OP apparently takes it personally, but as others had said, this is not a place for free speech, it is a place about cycling in a format this localized society has chosen to accept.

His reactions are a bit much.

soulspinner
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I still find these posts abouts "don't spoil" things amusing. I hear both sides but....

Myself, If I don't want to know who won say the British Open and was taping it, I'd avoid the golf channel, general news and newspapers. That's just me.

Not in the thread title, so I dont have to avoid the forum all day, thats all , if ya cant do that play elsewhere.....

sjbraun
07-28-2012, 02:37 PM
QUOTE=pablo pinchasso;1179204]Thats not fair..........I thought there was free speech in this country....[/QUOTE]

Yup, we have free speech rights in this country, that doesn't excuse you (or anyone else)from the obligation to behave courteously with others.

You acted like a d#ck and now you're pissed because you behavior was called out?

Get over yourself.

Bruce K
07-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Pablo

It is common courtesy here not to mention any results in thread titles so as not to spoil it for those who TiVo and want to find out "live"

We have repeatedly asked that people also include the word spoiler in the title -again as a courtesy

Hopefully this won't limit your free speech too much

BK

majorpat
07-28-2012, 03:05 PM
He does have guts and courage, however, he was also part of Team Telekom during it's dubious heyday. The whole time he was away, I was thinking that this was not the type of result that places confidence in a "new era" of cycling.
He still beat the world's best today, so I have to say chappeau Vino.

e-RICHIE
07-28-2012, 03:18 PM
He does have guts and courage, however, he was also part of Team Telekom during it's dubious heyday. The whole time he was away, I was thinking that this was not the type of result that places confidence in a "new era" of cycling.
He still beat the world's best today, so I have to say chappeau Vino.

I am not disagreeing with you, but let's say Cav won - and we all know it would have been
on a tow to line that his team might have given him - a certain David Millar would be one
of the four shepherds atmo. They're all part of the same hypocrisy.

Regardless - I think it was a great race and I am glad that it was radioless. It's painful to
read all the post-race accounts by riders who mention a lack of electronic contact as one
(among several) reasons they didn't or couldn't do better.

ps

arrange disorder

;););)
;););)
:cool:;):rolleyes:

GuyGadois
07-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Congrats to the people of Kazakhstan, the greatest country in the world!

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world all other countrys are run by little girls.
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium!
Other countries have inferior potassium.
Kazakhstan home of the tinshein swimming pool it's length thirty metre ans width six metre.
Filtration system a marvel to behold it removes 80 percent of human solid waste.
Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of xxxxxxx.
Kazakhstan, friend of all except Uzbekistan, they very nosey people withe bone in theire brain.
Kazakhstan, industry best in the world, we invented toffee and the trouser belt.
Kazakhstan, prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course for Turkmenistan's.
Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown.
Come grasp the mighty phenis of our leader, from juction with testes to tip of its face

majorpat
07-28-2012, 04:01 PM
e-Richie is right on the money about the field, and, I also agree that the lack of radios was great. Are radios in the pro peleton as disruptive to the whole scene as doping? Something to think about. A wily old warrior like Vino knew when to hit the gas, just as Uran turned to look, only took a second for him to realize it was too late.

I am not disagreeing with you, but let's say Cav won - and we all know it would have been
on a tow to line that his team might have given him - a certain David Millar would be one
of the four shepherds atmo. They're all part of the same hypocrisy.

Regardless - I think it was a great race and I am glad that it was radioless. It's painful to
read all the post-race accounts by riders who mention a lack of electronic contact as one
(among several) reasons they didn't or couldn't do better.

ps

arrange disorder

;););)
;););)
:cool:;):rolleyes:

Bruce K
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Nice contribution Guy.

Once again the locker room approach adds what to a good conversation?

Richie, I absolutely agree... No radios = way better racing

BK

rphetteplace
07-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Haven't watched it yet...but am terribly dissapointed to see Vino won. I see his doping conviction as without remorse. If I was going to pick some that pisses positive at some point from the Olympics testing either next week or 5 years down the road it would be Vino.

thenewguy11
07-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Regarding race radios, I think this race was the perfect argument for removing them from the pro peloton for good. Course was tailormade for a sprint finish. If this had been a Tour stage it would have probably ended that way. But without the radio contact with a DS, the sprinter teams mis-timed it. Made for much better racing.

GuyGadois
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Nice contribution Guy.

Once again the locker room approach adds what to a good conversation?

BK

well, I hope they got the right national anthem this time. Earlier this year they played the Borat one at the gold medal ceremony.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/23/149244038/ceremony-plays-borat-kazakhstan-anthem-by-mistake

GG

PS: I'm bummed Vino won because he is a known liar, race radios are confirmed to make road racing boring and if Cavs won it would have been too obvious.

MattTuck
07-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Regarding race radios, I think this race was the perfect argument for removing them from the pro peloton for good. Course was tailormade for a sprint finish. If this had been a Tour stage it would have probably ended that way. But without the radio contact with a DS, the sprinter teams mis-timed it. Made for much better racing.

If this had been a stage in the Tour, it would have been a sprint, but that has nothing to do with race radios. It has to do with the fact that trade teams have 9 riders instead of 5, and everyone knew what GB's plans were with regard to Cavendish, and were totally unwilling to help drive the pace. And that there was no 'tomorrow' for the sprinters that didn't win today.

MattTuck
07-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Any word on Cancellara? His twitter indicates he's at the olympic village waiting for x-rays, but that was 5 hours ago. Looked like he possibly reinjured his collar bone based on how he was riding after the crash.

Major bummer.

He might not have won, but he wouldn't have looked around waiting for others to close the gap, even if he would have dragged that whole group back to Vino and Uran.

Fivethumbs
07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats to the people of Kazakhstan, the greatest country in the world!

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world all other countrys are run by little girls.
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium!
Other countries have inferior potassium.
Kazakhstan home of the tinshein swimming pool it's length thirty metre ans width six metre.
Filtration system a marvel to behold it removes 80 percent of human solid waste.
Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of xxxxxxx.
Kazakhstan, friend of all except Uzbekistan, they very nosey people withe bone in theire brain.
Kazakhstan, industry best in the world, we invented toffee and the trouser belt.
Kazakhstan, prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course for Turkmenistan's.
Kazakhstan,Kazakhstan, you very nice place, from plains of tarashenk to northern fence of jewtown.
Come grasp the mighty phenis of our leader, from juction with testes to tip of its face

I am not quite sure what this means but I don't disagree with it...quite

Bob Loblaw
07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
This is much more than locker room humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv5jLsLoYcE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Steve in SLO
07-28-2012, 05:38 PM
It was actually a pretty wry comment on this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/borat-national-anthem-accidentally-played-kazakh-athlete-video-224008124.html
Although

Bruce K
07-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah

I should have read it more closely

Anti-semitism is another unwelcome line of commentary here

This one is done

BK