PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Lee Child movie needs our William

Fixed
07-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Went to see batman they had the trailer for the new Tom Cruise movie
Well if anyone has read this kind of book jack reacher is 6'5" 250 pounds do anything ex army police m.p. out for vengeance kind of guy .he does not drive a car or care about clothes or haircuts
They screwed up big time in the casting .
Our William would be a great choice for Jack Reacher I think .
Cheers

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Or Gotthard!!!

I don't think they make the 1 foot lifts Cruise would need in his shoes.

William
07-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I guess I would need to wear flats, hunch slightly, and lose seven pounds to make that cut.;) But hey, I've got the combatives down!
:banana: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/175/b/e/Towel_fight_by_MixedMilkChOcOlate.gif :banana:

William

learningtoride
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
)

Charles M
07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Well if anyone has read this kind of book jack reacher is 6'5" 250 pounds do anything ex army police m.p. out for vengeance kind of guy .he does not drive a car or care about clothes or haircuts
Cheers

Good lord... The only guy worse would have been Mathew Mckonahay, or wait, leonardo dicaprio, er no... Cruise is worse than all of em. Literally a foot too short (like mckonahay) and strikes me as all bull**** versus Reacher who's zero. Maybe "maybe" tc could pass for a Scott Harvath, but he's the frikin anti-reacher.

bobswire
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Cheers

You gotta be kidding! Cruise?!? Obviously whoever chose Cruise was not a fan of Lee Child's Reacher , the baddest dude in fiction.

DreaminJohn
07-26-2012, 05:31 PM
My friend and I (both fans) have this discussion weekly.

Reacher is a physically imposing specimen who scares bad guys off as much as anything.

Cole Trickle as Reacher? I think I'll pass.

+2 for William.

Climb01742
07-26-2012, 05:44 PM
wrong accent but i could see jason statham in the role. who, by the way, picks his teeth with tom cruise.

csm
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
yeah I thought Cruise was a poor choice also.
I've read most of the books; at least up to 15.
still, I am gonna go see the movie.

Fixed
07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
http://www.insideline.com/car-news/vince-vaughn-to-remake-the-rockford-files.html
V.V. As Jim Rockford
Maybe. I can see that.
Cheers :)

Fixed
07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
yeah I thought Cruise was a poor choice also.
I've read most of the books; at least up to 15.
still, I am gonna go see the movie.

I read all of them too, I also liked the John Rain books
I am reading raymond chandler's the big sleep now
The only problem I have is after my accident I have to read each page three times to remember it .
The new Bourne movie is coming out without Jason Bourne Next month

Cheers. Happy reading And movie going

PaMtbRider
07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Pretty typical of Hollywood to take a good book and make a lousy movie out of it. I enjoyed the books but will pass on Tom cruise.

Fixed
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Pretty typical of Hollywood to take a good book and make a lousy movie out of it. I enjoyed the books but will pass on Tom cruise.

The big sleep is the exception
William Faulkner wrote The screenplay
And bogart was small Not like Philip Marlowe but he was bogie

IMHO
Cheers. From the movie
Carmen Sternwood: You're not very tall are you?
Philip Marlowe: Well, I, uh, I try to be.

One movie I am looking forward to seeing is les miserables By Victor Hugo staring Hugh Jackman out next year

martinrjensen
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Jason would be good. I am half way through all the Jack Reacher books now.wrong accent but i could see jason statham in the role. who, by the way, picks his teeth with tom cruise.

merlincustom1
07-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Mel Gibson in Braveheart was a foot shorter than the real dude too.

Bob Loblaw
07-27-2012, 07:57 AM
That's a tough role to fill. Michael Clarke Duncan would be on my short list to play Reacher, IMO.

Cruise is a big draw. More people will probably go see a Tom Cruise movie than a Jack Reacher movie.

BL

Charles M
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
The Rock...

Just finished The Detachment for Rain... Reacher would never see Rain comming and Rain would probably let Reacher live.

jet sanchez
07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I read Killing Floor, the first Reacher novel and wasn't impressed but I would like to give the character another chance, which book do you guys recommend I read?

Bob Loblaw
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Persuader was the first one I read and it hooked me. But then I liked Killing Floor too.

I think the Reacher character is too subtle to be played by The Rock. Granted he has the physical stuff down, but I'd like to see a better actor tackle it. I see Reacher as sort of quiet, maybe not exactly soft spoken, but certainly not an in your face type.

BL

Fixed
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
The Rock...

Just finished The Detachment for Rain... Reacher would never see Rain comming and Rain would probably let Reacher live.
Rain's friend
Dox is more like Reacher
barry e. has a short story out about dox i am getting it .
cheers

Fixed
07-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Persuader was the first one I read and it hooked me. But then I liked Killing Floor too.

I think the Reacher character is too subtle to be played by The Rock. Granted he has the physical stuff down, but I'd like to see a better actor tackle it. I see Reacher as sort of quiet, maybe not exactly soft spoken, but certainly not an in your face type.

BL

the actor that played in the t.v. show Hack could work he is a little old though
i think his name is david morse
cheers

yngpunk
07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
I read Killing Floor, the first Reacher novel and wasn't impressed but I would like to give the character another chance, which book do you guys recommend I read?

While it's the second to the latest Lee Child book, I'd recommend "The Affair" as a starting point which provides a lot of the backstory seen in the earlier Reacher books. Thought Lee Child did a pretty good job with the storyline given that Reacher had already been well developed via the 15 previous books.

For those of you that are fans of Barry E. and his Rain character, I'd suggest looking into Alex Berenson. I think he does some pretty good character development (esp. in his earlier books) with the John Wells character

Charles M
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Kmher kill is the dox thing... Good stuff. Dox is similar to reacher but with a bigger mouth and louder personality and the counter tallent of the dead calm of a pure sniper when needed.

estilley
07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
And how about that Batman movie...

DogpawSlim
07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Tomkat is a very weird pick. A big part of the character is Reacher's size. I can't see Cruise cigarette punching people's heads off. But he has never been in a bad movie...

jet sanchez
07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Tomkat is a very weird pick. A big part of the character is Reacher's size. I can't see Cruise cigarette punching people's heads off. But he has never been in a bad movie...

When I was reading Killing Floor I pictured Reacher as Hulk Hogan with a scarred up face and short hair.

Fixed
07-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I grew up with him well I grew half way up with him
He was a gentle guy. As a young person played the bass guitar
Cheers

mike p
07-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I've read all the Reacher novels and I always picture an American version of Dolph Lundgren as reacher.

Mike

Bruce K
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Wahlberg would have been good in the role

Jason Bourne to Jack Reacher - I can see that one

BK