PDA

View Full Version : Anybody dealt with C-4 Bicycle Components before?

rkalams
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Just curious if anybody here has heard of or purchased from C-4 Bicycle Components (www.C-4shop.com)

They appear to stock the Kinlin XC-279 rim, which is the new 23mm wide rim that BHS is selling that has gotten rave reviews.

I contacted them a week and a half ago to see if they had the Kinlin's in stock and ready to ship. They responded within 6 minutes saying that they did, so I placed the order through their website. They haven't shipped them yet and haven't responded to any emails or phone calls (?) Normally I wouldn't stress about it but I'm moving in a week and will no longer be at this address to receive the package so I need to change the address (which I explained to them in my first contact 11 days ago).

I should have just waited until Brandon at BHS had the rims back in stock (looks like they are back in stock now). He offered phenomenal customer service, quick replies, super fast shipping, attentive packaging, etc.

Joachim
07-24-2012, 07:13 PM
They have been discussed before on here. Also, do a google search. Mixed reviews about the owner.

martinrjensen
07-24-2012, 07:14 PM
curiosly enough, an old review from "here" the Paceline:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/archive/index.php?t-99645.html

54ny77
07-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Sounds explosive. ;)

dave thompson
07-25-2012, 01:44 AM
curiosly enough, an old review from "here" the Paceline:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/archive/index.php?t-99645.html

The link you provided, while technically correct, isn't complete as it doesn't show the part of the conversation that should be in quotes, thereby giving a different impression of the nature of the conversation.

martinrjensen
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
You mean that I should have clicked on the C4 link on the top of that page as the full "review"? Did n't think of that. I just pasted in the page that came in on my google search. I wonder why the first page didn't come up?[The link you provided, while technically correct, isn't complete as it doesn't show the part of the conversation that should be in quotes, thereby giving a different impression of the nature of the conversation.