PDA

View Full Version : topolino wheels - 11 speed?

AngryScientist
07-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Just picked up a used set of AC-29 topolinos, campy hub. My 11-sp cassette is bottoming out, do i just need a simple spacer, anyone know?

i'm going to give topolino a call direct later today, but maybe someone here knows?

thanks!

laupsi
07-23-2012, 07:42 AM
given they're campy hubs they should work providing they were originally for 10 spd or obviously later. I had this same problem w/another wheel and after taking the cassett off realized one set of rings wasn't flush, after correcting the problem all worked well.

I can say I purchased a set of Topollinos, True Black, Clinchers, 11 spd campy when I got my Ottrott over the winter. I am very satisfied w/this wheel set; they're comfortable w/out being at all mushy, relatively light, they remain true and I am impressed w/all the individual parts, especially the hubs and skewers. great training wheels but I would also go so far to say that if I were on a fixed budget this would be my one and only wheel set.

good luck! :)

AngryScientist
07-23-2012, 07:47 AM
thank you sir. their website tech documents say they are campy 9/10 speed compatible, but i would imagine that should mean they will work with 11-sp as well. i'll update the post after i speak with topo.