PDA

View Full Version : long shot--source for m5 brake pinch bolts?

jimcav
07-22-2012, 08:12 PM
somehow i managed to lose both my front and rear brake pinch bolts for my M5 brakes. I did check the M5 website, but they are not in their online store-they did reply to my email--said i could send euros or call with credit card. I actually tried twice to call, but got no answer. anyone know a source to order them?
thanks
jim
jacav2@cox.net

DerekB
07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Can you be more specific on what the bolt is?
McMaster-Carr might be a good place to check.

mcmaster.com

jimcav
07-23-2012, 07:51 AM
that is a cool site but i can't find anything similar
it is the actual brake cable clamping mechanism--it is a cylinder with a bolt in it--the brake cable goes through the cylinder and you tighten the bolt that is in the cylinder to pinch the brake cable

oldpotatoe
07-23-2012, 08:02 AM
that is a cool site but i can't find anything similar
it is the actual brake cable clamping mechanism--it is a cylinder with a bolt in it--the brake cable goes through the cylinder and you tighten the bolt that is in the cylinder to pinch the brake cable

I think TRP/Tektro has these...

jimcav
07-23-2012, 11:44 AM
both had a small parts section, but i can't find anything, it is a weird pinch bolt and it slips into the hole in the arm in the picture attached--once the cable is out, there is noting to keep it in there, I have a memory of putting them in a ziploc in a box, with the brakes, but when i took the brakes out, no ziploc.
jim

jbrainin
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
The folks at M5 sent me a bolt to replace one that had broken on my front brake. You should email them and explain your predicament. I'm sure they'll get you bolts as quickly as is possible get stuff from the Netherlands.

wasfast
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I had a set of M5's a couple years back. Pretty sure the part you're missing is specific to M5. That said, it could made at home if needed. It just a piece of round stock with a hole for the cable to pass through and another hole at 90 degrees with a set screw in it.

jimcav
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
The folks at M5 sent me a bolt to replace one that had broken on my front brake. You should email them and explain your predicament. I'm sure they'll get you bolts as quickly as is possible get stuff from the Netherlands.

they have no way for me to order online, don't do paypal, and so far i haven't been able to reach him when i call--and it is definitely not going to be a free or I just pay shipping thing--I explained the pinch bolts have mysteriously vanished when we unpacked/moved, and the reply was they have the parts, and they were 47 euros. seems alot for a threaded cyclinder and bolt, but there it is