PDA

View Full Version : My wife spent the evening listening to Paul and Phil

eippo1
07-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm away and about to head down to remote areas of Mexico so my wife decided that she'd turn on the Tour while I am gone so that it feels like I'm home. I asked if she actually watched any of it and she said no, she just liked listening to them blabber on.

So I told her to pay attention tomorrow and see if they accidentally call out Tyler Hamilton. So yeah, I love my wife and the quirky things she does (even if she doesn't really ride bikes).

monkeybanana86
07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
that's awesome. i use to listen to car talk even though I've never owned a car. i have a license but with the bike i never bothered to go further.

bikemoore
07-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Currently living in Germany with SKY Germany digital sat our source of TV. Nice service, nice picture, but can't get Eurosport audio in English (this is an unfortunate step backwards from the older analog Eurosport telecast). I don't really need English commentary because I follow cycling enough to know who the riders are and their stories/place in cycling. I can tell her who is who and what is going on. But she says she really misses listening to the British announcers blabber during the broadcast...she actually enjoyed them. My wife isn't a cyclist either, but she likes watching for the aerial shots of the beautiful old towns and countryside.