PDA

View Full Version : Cross Nationals

shinomaster
12-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Are in Portland OR today. I'm going there to spectate in a couple of hours. With the monsoon we just had there should be a major mud bath. I'll be watching for Serotta sponsored racers?
For grizzley photos look on cyclingnews.com.

I'll report on the race later

shinomaster
12-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Jonathan Page by a mile...he cleaned everyone's clock. What a crazy, fun, wild time. A marching band, rubber podium girls, half naked freaks, and more mud than red neck mud bogg...
I have never seen so many cross bikes!! Only two bikes with campy, and one, a colnago had not a speck of mud on it. I suspect it has never been used. I saw one Richard Sachs bike, just leaning against a tree. I was very tempted to steal it but it wasn't my size. A Vanilla booth with lots of sweet treats. Lots cf cute cross girls, and mud mud, mud and more mud. This was the most exciting fun race I have ever attended. I encourage all of you to go see a Cyclocross race or to participate. Bring cow bells!

Pure Joy

Too Tall
12-15-2003, 06:07 AM
Shino., funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum the other day ;) No seriously, two weekends ago I was just getting warmed up to do a couple long intervals when racer-x went wizzing by. She apparently was also doing intervals as she kept checking her watch. Long story short she said she was headed to cross nats. She is FAST. Never got a last name but her first name is Sammy... probably short for Samantha.

Thanks for the news.

alembical
12-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Shino,
I also was able to watch this weekend (acutally just Sunday). So impressive. Those individuals made the horrible conditions look easy. It was wonderful to see the great crowd support. Had a wonderful time and have never seen so many beautiful bikes. My next purchase has to be a Vanilla cross (or possibly a Sachs).

Bruce K
12-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Jesse Anthony / Hot Tubes rocks!

I believe this was #3 for him in age group.

A nicer kid you couldn't find anywhere.

BK

shinomaster
12-15-2003, 11:08 PM
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Too Tall
12-16-2003, 06:59 AM
Shino., she is a DC local and works for L.A.B. so prolly is not your hard hearted gal. Still looking to see how she did. Nice lady.