PDA

View Full Version : Lance Hypocrisy

merlincustom1
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Lance "That was Then, This is Now" Armstrong thought the USADA was the cat's pajamas when he was sued by SCA over the payment of the 5M bonus several years ago:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444330904577537673199762652.html

djg21
07-19-2012, 11:11 PM
As I anticipated, a motion to dismiss on the basis of lack of jurisdiction, or to stay under the Federal Arbitration Act. Courts love arbitration because it eliminates their need to become involved in disputes and clears their dockets. I look forward to seeing Lance's brief, but his attorneys have to be telling him his lawsuit has only a limited chance of success.

At least his attorneys are making large amounts of money.

TMB
07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
You need to be careful what you post here.

If you post anything too critical of Lance you are likely to get told by the Mods that you are too critical of Lance and not cari g enough of the views who believe in his deity.

djg21
07-19-2012, 11:32 PM

If you post anything too critical of Lance you are likely to get told by the Mods that you are too critical of Lance and not cari g enough of the views who believe in his deity.

It's not anyone's opinion that is the problem, but rather, how the opinion is expressed and the inability of some to recognize that others may have differing opinions that are equally valid. There is too much vitriol on all of the various sides of this debate.

Earl Gray
07-20-2012, 03:04 PM

P.s.

At least a few of the mods are clearly in the Lance hater camp.

mister
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Lance "That was Then, This is Now" Armstrong thought the USADA was the cat's pajamas when he was sued by SCA over the payment of the 5M bonus several years ago:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444330904577537673199762652.html

this is hilarious

rain dogs
07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
This article is very, very funny. Pie in the face for sure!

As for the "love" or "hate" of LA responses and the criticism of others....seriously? ... can't we just keep it civilized and say it straight vs adding all the hyperbole and hate.

To me, Lance is a dude who came out of nowhere in a doping era to do the impossible. He dodged doping cries from his first Tour, the French were laughing at him.

He was able to turn a naive American audience onto his miracle story, all while he fought doping suspicion. He created an organization that served two purposes, great work for cancer survivors and great PR.

Now, he's facing the fallout of his actions of his doping past. He's got 10 former teammates, and his closest friend, Hincapie testifying that he was a doper. No one cares about his tests passed, or his "no positives"... which is wrong has has one, they care about non-analytical positives... or they should.

I don't think LA's critics "Hate" him, I don't think they really care that much, but some people enjoy the sport and want it to move on, this would be a huge part of that. If anyone "hates" Lance, they've got priorities wrong.

Just the same as anyone "Loving" the guy. If you're that invested in Armstrong, you've got your priorities wrong. He's a dude, who could ride a bike fast, cheated, did some philanthropy and now is going down.

Try an keep perspective. Try and stay respectful to one another. Don't take LA's affairs so darn personally.

whforrest
07-20-2012, 05:44 PM
awesome! another Lance thread. What if you still admire the guy and also want him to come clean? I'm somwhere in the middle. How much justice can you afford? For Lance his law firm goes along way in protecting his business interests. It's all good.............would love to see him man up..............but was also excited to see him race in Kona. Go figure................I do think that people who dislike Lance it is because they (and me) think that he has defrauded us. Happy riding!

NRRider
07-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Hear hear! Don't think I've ever read a post that better summarizes what's been going on here lately (especially on this subject but others as well) and how I wish things would work out. Well said!

This article is very, very funny. Pie in the face for sure!

As for the "love" or "hate" of LA responses and the criticism of others....seriously? ... can't we just keep it civilized and say it straight vs adding all the hyperbole and hate.

To me, Lance is a dude who came out of nowhere in a doping era to do the impossible. He dodged doping cries from his first Tour, the French were laughing at him.

He was able to turn a naive American audience onto his miracle story, all while he fought doping suspicion. He created an organization that served two purposes, great work for cancer survivors and great PR.

Now, he's facing the fallout of his actions of his doping past. He's got 10 former teammates, and his closest friend, Hincapie testifying that he was a doper. No one cares about his tests passed, or his "no positives"... which is wrong has has one, they care about non-analytical positives... or they should.

I don't think LA's critics "Hate" him, I don't think they really care that much, but some people enjoy the sport and want it to move on, this would be a huge part of that. If anyone "hates" Lance, they've got priorities wrong.

Just the same as anyone "Loving" the guy. If you're that invested in Armstrong, you've got your priorities wrong. He's a dude, who could ride a bike fast, cheated, did some philanthropy and now is going down.

Try an keep perspective. Try and stay respectful to one another. Don't take LA's affairs so darn personally.