07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Frank Schleck did not start today.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Frank Schleck did not start today.

Tested positive, and booted.

biker72
07-19-2012, 09:15 AM
I knew he tested positive for a diuretic....didn't know it was a banned diuretic.

He's claiming he's been poisoned.

illdthedj
07-19-2012, 11:21 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/17/fuew_nxlUUuVAwswrgx1Og2.gif

jpw
07-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Apparently Team Schleck has signed to ride for Astana for next season.

Reported that Andy gets 2M euros and Frank 1.8M euros basic salary at LeRaNiTr, and each 'gets' 600,000 euros p.a. for image rights, although Leopard is not making those payments at present due to concerns about "money laundering" as the Schlecks want the money paid to accounts offshore.

trunkz22
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Wonder if they know that its a false positive or do they just not care that he tested positive? Since its not a PED per se, how short will the ban be? 3-6 months?

chevron
07-19-2012, 11:44 AM
wow too bad

flydhest
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
how could you tell?

dd74
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Bob Roll says the diuretic could be used to mask something else.

ultraman6970
07-19-2012, 05:23 PM
That's the problem with the thing he was found, is not doping because doesn't help you to ride faster, but it is in a list of forbidden substances, as someobdy mentioned the back side of the problem is that it can be used as diuretic to pee out of the body whatever you used before.

If its true about going to astana then they are set then, the team has a lot of cash, the only problem is that Russians are tough as a rock. If they dont have good performance in the races vino and the italian that is in charge of the riders are going to play "i'm the pitcher, you are the catcher" every time the pair of wussies decide to get off the bike because their nails hurt. And with those offers, well... I would be all over them I was the DS or the owner of the team. Between you and me i think the time for the bros is gone.

Rueda Tropical
07-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Riis seemed to know how to manage them but it looks like they resented the management. It's been all down hill since they got to do their way.

I can't see Vino and company putting up with the Schlecks antics. They have tremendous talent but it's being pissed away -they desperately need some strong guidance. Maybe Vino can send them to training camp in Kazakhstan with his Kazaks for some attitude readjustment.

ultraman6970
07-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Doubt many teams want them because are a big risk, vino is old and everything bu the guy will deliver the best of him all the time, TV we saw him winning the mountains jersey today and he is not even a climber, he fights till the end so those guys for example are consistent and have balls. I was the DS of a team I wouldnt take the brothers, are a big risk of not getting your money back at all.

Based on that doubt even riis having the money would like to have them back, besides he has contador already... and wouldnt surprise me that FC would go back to him aswell.

estilley
07-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Edit: Luxembourg itself is a tax haven. Not much reason to go offshore.

If they want to ride for Luxembourg they should put their money there as well.

oldpotatoe
07-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Tested positive, and booted.

Left before booted. Not fired by the team either, yet. Since he and his sister are so close...........................................