PDA

View Full Version : Campy bbq

CNote
09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Question about the Chorus 10-spd bottom bracket: Am I correct in assuming that the Italian or English threaded retainer cups could be interchanged? I have an Italian-threaded bb but will no longer have an Italian-threaded frame. So when the English-threaded bb on my other bike eventually dies, could I swap the English cups onto the bearings/spindle of the other bb? Make sense?

csm
09-20-2005, 05:57 PM
and here I thought it was time to get rid of the weber bbq and get a campy.
to go with the cork screw.

Argos
09-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Mmmmmmmm. B-B-Q! :beer:

Serotta PETE
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - - WINE!!! :beer:

Jeff Weir
09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I'd like a nice cold BUD with my BBQ, thank you very much!

SPOKE
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
if i'm not mistaken the cups will interchange, meaning slip onto the bearings. i think the problem may be that italian BB shells are typically 70mm wide vs 68mm for the english BB.
i suspect that the length difference may be only in the length of the internal sleeve that separates the bearings. if this is the case then the cups will work fine when you make the swap.

DfCas
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
may be different.That is,the chainrings may mount too close to the chainstay with the Italian version.Not sure,but you may need to compare them side by side.

dan

Jeff N.
09-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Campy BBQ? Alright!!!! I'll have a Chorus Italian bottom bracket well done! Jeff N.

Dude
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
The drive side cup isn't supposed to come off the bb, it is one unit. YOu would only be able to change the non drive side cup, which still doesn't help you out.

Also, you won't be able to buy just the english cups anywhere.

parallelfish
09-20-2005, 11:07 PM
The drive side cup isn't supposed to come off the bb, it is one unit. YOu would only be able to change the non drive side cup, which still doesn't help you out.

Also, you won't be able to buy just the english cups anywhere.

Actually both cups are removable, providing access to the cartridge bearings.

sunninho
09-20-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll BBQ my Campy gear to move on to Shimano.

The Spider
09-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Campagnolo = BBQ
Shimano = toast

Too Tall
09-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Y'all are a bunch of wise-acres!!! bannana

The cups are replacable. Call Branford Bike and order a set. The axel is the same, use your old one. The fixed cup side (old school speak) is a tight fit...I think there is an o-ring that grabs it....whatever. To get the cup separated just smack the axel out of the shell before removing that cup from the frame...in effect using the frame as your clamp.

Clinchers Suk. Long live Toe Straps. In glue we trust.

CNote
09-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Call Branford Bike and order a set.

I already have an Italian- and an English-threaded Chorus bb. I will no longer have use for the Italian-threaded cups, but now I believe that when the bearings in the English-threaded bb wear out, I can simply use the English cups on the other spindle/bearing set.