PDA

View Full Version : Khasmin for 215 pound rider

Robbos
07-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Waddya think? I know the Khasmins are a lower end Campy wheel, but I've heard they are remarkably robust. Even though I don't care for the G3/paired spoke thing, I've heard that the higher tensions mean they deflect less under heavier riders. But do they last?

Germany_chris
07-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Waddya think? I know the Khasmins are a lower end Campy wheel, but I've heard they are remarkably robust. Even though I don't care for the G3/paired spoke thing, I've heard that the higher tensions mean they deflect less under heavier riders. But do they last?

Yuppers, I like them a ton and I'm heavier than you..there is a picture around here with them on my Master looked quite sexy

FGC
07-13-2012, 09:26 AM
I had them for a long time. They are awesome. I'm 165 lbs. but I beat the crap out of the wheels. I used them on my road bike for 3 seasons and then put them on my CX bike for 2 seasons and continued beating them up. And then I sold them in good condition and saw them on a group ride recently and they're still awesome.

Marcusaurelius
07-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I fiddled with a friend's 2009 khasmin and they were not easy wheels to tension and true. Perhaps the 2012 version makes things easier.

jds108
07-13-2012, 05:37 PM
How about the Scirocco's for just a wee bit more $: http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/road-wheels/factory-road-wheels/?sorting=price_lowHigh&filterBrand=74

I have just one ride on them so far, so all I can say is that the bearings are smooth, the rims aren't perfect (but are quite good), and there was no issue of them going out of true during the first ride.

I didn't even look at the difference between the models, I just saw that these are $200 and figured that's a great price.

I'm 210 lb and there was no noticable flex or unusual sounds coming from the wheels.

mvrider
07-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Note that Campy wheels have been showing up on Chainlove the past couple of weeks. I think I saw Sciroccos for $119, and yesterday Shamal 2-way fits were $899.