PDA

View Full Version : OT: Retired CIA says: Roswell really happend

William
07-13-2012, 07:25 AM
I originally saw this on the CNN webpage but it has been either removed or buried on the site.

"It was not a damn weather balloon -- it was what it was billed when people first reported it," said Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran. "It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet, it crashed and I don't doubt for a second that the use of the word 'remains' and 'cadavers' was exactly what people were talking about."....

..."It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.

"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/08/roswell-ufo-cia-agent-chase-brandon_n_1657077.html

I think this is where many of todays PED's originated. Who can prove me wrong?;)

William

charliedid
07-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Step away from the crack pipe William.

MattTuck
07-13-2012, 07:39 AM
William, do you recommend wrapping my bike helmet in tin foil also? or just wearing my tinfoil hat while I'm at home? ;)

MattTuck
07-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I think this is where many of todays PED's originated. Who can prove me wrong?;)

I think x-files did an episode on this. :rolleyes:

Fixed
07-13-2012, 07:52 AM
That is where Sagan And Froome came from
Cheers :)

William
07-13-2012, 08:18 AM
William, do you recommend wrapping my bike helmet in tin foil also? or just wearing my tinfoil hat while I'm at home? ;)

Tin foil is so 90's.:rolleyes:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1358/2245/400/mindHat.gif

;):)
William

veloduffer
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
The Truth is Out There....Trust No One.;)

don'TreadOnMe
07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Once a spook, always a spook.
Believe him, I dare you.

54ny77
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM
ET phone home....

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Optimized_marck-phone.jpg

jpw
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
This is so Robert Baer. Long since 'retired' (wink) from the CIA. His book are so everything about disinformation and false trails.

Black Dog
07-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Huffington Post...enough said.

monkeybanana86
07-13-2012, 05:24 PM
ET phone home....

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Optimized_marck-phone.jpg

Haha so good. Sponsors happy

R2D2
07-13-2012, 06:11 PM
klaatu barada nikto

Fixed
07-13-2012, 06:14 PM
klaatu barada nikto

Good movie
Cheers

Tony T
07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
The most important quote on that site is:
"Brandon is currently promoting his book, "The Cryptos Conundrum," a science fiction story about the history of Earth, contact with extraterrestrials and imagined cataclysmic events on our planet."

Peter P.
07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Read the book "Area 51" by Annie Jacobson.

This book is the REAL DEAL. The source of the Roswell Incident will shock and repulse you. So will the U.S. response.

CunegoFan
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I am a bit disturbed that nuts like this have access to CIA secrets.

Earl Gray
07-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I believe.

wc1934
07-13-2012, 08:41 PM
As Sherlock Holmes stated:

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

g00dride
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I knew it!

sg8357
07-16-2012, 07:54 AM
The Will Smith documentary was better......

Julius Levinson: Hey don't you tell him to shut up! You'd all be dead now if it weren't for my David! None of you did anything to prevent this!
Gen. Gray: There was nothing we could do!
Julius Levinson: Oh don't give me that! You knew about this for a long time! What with that spaceship you found in New Mexico! What was it called... Roswell, New Mexico! And that other place... uh... Area 51, Area 51! You knew then! And you did nothing!
President Thomas Whitmore: Mr. Levinson, you're mistaken. There is no Area 51. There is no spaceship:
Albert Nimzicki: Uh... Mr. President. That's not entirely accurate.
David Levinson: What, which part?

Aaron O
07-16-2012, 11:28 AM
The most important quote on that site is:
"Brandon is currently promoting his book, "The Cryptos Conundrum," a science fiction story about the history of Earth, contact with extraterrestrials and imagined cataclysmic events on our planet."As someone who was abducted by aliens, I am very insulted by the mockery and scorn being leveled here. I was taken in a field while riding my old Specialized Stumpjumper, and when I returned...the bike was 3 lbs lighter! Explain that oh sarcastic ones! My LBS said it was because I'd replaced the suspension fork with a rigid, but they're in on it!

Where do you think CF came from? Alien fast food containers! It was reverse engineered from alien coffee lids! Do you really think Exxon was smart enough to develop this stuff on their own???

Now if they'd just abduct me and make ME lighter, we'd have something!

TRUST NO ONE!

54ny77
07-16-2012, 11:40 AM
All your Garmin belong to us.

As someone who was abducted by aliens, I am very insulted by the mockery and scorn being leveled here. I was taken in a field while riding my old Specialized Stumpjumper, and when I returned...the bike was 3 lbs lighter! Explain that oh sarcastic ones! My LBS said it was because I'd replaced the suspension fork with a rigid, but they're in on it!

Where do you think CF came from? Alien fast food containers! It was reverse engineered from alien coffee lids! Do you really think Exxon was smart enough to develop this stuff on their own???

Now if they'd just abduct me and make ME lighter, we'd have something!

TRUST NO ONE!

BCS
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Read the book "Area 51" by Annie Jacobson.

This book is the REAL DEAL. The source of the Roswell Incident will shock and repulse you. So will the U.S. response.

No cliffhangers allowed--fill us in!

GregL
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
As they used to say on "The X-Files", the truth is out there, and the source might surprise you...

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/a-12/Archangel-2ndEdition-2Feb12.pdf

Groom Lake AKA Area 51 was originally the test site for the Lockheed U-2. It was greatly enlarged a few years later as the test site for the A-12. In the 1970's and 1980's, it was used to test early stealth prototype aircraft such as the Have Blue as well as clandestinely obtained Soviet aircraft. The Government has actually published a great deal of the site's history prior to the mid-1980's. Work since then is likely still classified.

- Greg

gdw
07-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Far from the real deal but entertaining especially if you're into conspiracies.

http://hnn.us/node/141780

"Hers is a deeply flawed book—and not only because she has added new, outlandish tales to the story of a top-secret military facility. All too often, Jacobsen’s history of the activities that did occur at the facility is filled with errors of commission and omission. One has to wonder what role her editors played in overseeing this book, and why so many mistakes and preposterous claims survived editorial review."

PS - The Roswell incident was the work of Joseph Stalin's evil red minions.

AgilisMerlin
07-17-2012, 05:43 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--uoKWNfDpnM/TVsd6sreBYI/AAAAAAAAAEA/rUhTjphAk_s/s1600/circles.gif

TPetsch
07-17-2012, 12:03 PM
They ARE out there, Watching!

http://stereogramsworld.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/stereogram1.jpg

54ny77
07-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Di2 is just the beginning. Resistance is futile.

AgilisMerlin
07-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Di2 is just the beginning. Resistance is futile.

Shimano (in 2013) is going to include a soldering kit, with every group, and complete machine sold :banana:

oldpotatoe
07-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Good movie
Cheers

klaatu barada nikto

One of the classics, first one...second one was way dummm.

Elefantino
07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
The new Giro Atmosphere.

Guaranteed to protect against alien ray guns.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3211396764_4bd6fb6bb3.jpg

Chance
07-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Anyone really think we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe? That would be quite a waste.

On the other hand, if they were smart enough to visit us they’d probably be able to avoid crashing. And in New Mexico? :rolleyes:

FlashUNC
07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Anyone really think we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe? That would be quite a waste.

On the other hand, if they were smart enough to visit us they’d probably be able to avoid crashing. And in New Mexico? :rolleyes:

There's actually a couple interesting theories out there as to why we haven't seen other life out there, since it appears the conditions for life don't see to be all that unique in the universe.

The Fermi paradox tries to handle why the odds seem high for life sustaining conditions, but we haven't seen anyone else yet. Carl Sagan and others might have had a point that civilizations tend to destroy themselves before the gain the capability of interstellar space travel.

Elefantino
07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Carl Sagan and others might have had a point that civilizations tend to destroy themselves before the gain the capability of interstellar space travel.

Good to know we have that to look forward to.

Chance
07-18-2012, 11:25 AM
There's actually a couple interesting theories out there as to why we haven't seen other life out there, since it appears the conditions for life don't see to be all that unique in the universe.

The Fermi paradox tries to handle why the odds seem high for life sustaining conditions, but we haven't seen anyone else yet. Carl Sagan and others might have had a point that civilizations tend to destroy themselves before the gain the capability of interstellar space travel.

All based on knowing what we know and nothing more. That's why our reasoning is always so limited.

saab2000
07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Good to know we have that to look forward to.

We are well on our way to self destruction with climate change, mutually assured destruction with nuclear weapons, religious fanaticism, etc.

I'm not a born negative Nancy but I do not see a rosy picture of Star Trek like utopian society when i look 500 years into the future.

That said, companies like SpaceX do look interesting... so who knows?

FlashUNC
07-18-2012, 12:21 PM
All based on knowing what we know and nothing more. That's why our reasoning is always so limited.

Um, what else should we base it on? A bunch of stuff we don't know?

malcolm
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
We are well on our way to self destruction with climate change, mutually assured destruction with nuclear weapons, religious fanaticism, etc.

I'm not a born negative Nancy but I do not see a rosy picture of Star Trek like utopian society when i look 500 years into the future.

That said, companies like SpaceX do look interesting... so who knows?

Mutually assured destruction no longer really exists (at least as a policy), climate change is too slow, now religious fanaticism you may be one to something unless good old economic collapse comes first and sends us back to the 19th century or earlier.

Closest star is 4.5 light years away, that ain't a trip in the station wagon. The vastness of the universe in incomprehensible, given the number of solar systems and distances we are for all practical purposes alone although life most likely does exist elsewhere. If they are advanced enough to get here the certainly could navigate well enough not to crash and not been seen unless they wanted to be, all speculation on my part.

Chance
07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Um, what else should we base it on? A bunch of stuff we don't know?

Personally prefer not to guess about things we can’t know about.:)

Just thinking that even the greatest geniuses like Sagan were only brains relative to us. However, it’s a safe bet that compared to the knowledge of the universe they knew next to nothing. In an absolute sense. That’s why it’s hard for me to get overly excited about these kinds of predictions. They are often more about speculation, guessing, wishful thinking, and so on.

Just hope that when they come, and they will, it’s not to hunt us for sport like in Predator.

spamjoshua
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Climate change is still low on the y axis of what will very much be an exponential curve.

We can look forward to a few more years of folks chanting "It is slow" followed by a much more significant and abrupt repeating of: "Changes are happening much faster than predicted."

The science is clear.

The problem is that humans measure everything proportional to their egocentric lives:

Certain the sun revolved around the earth; time measured in the scale of a human life; Aliens land in their country (coincidentally, just after the space race started); their religion is right, everyone else's is wrong; and on and on.

Silly.

saab2000
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Mutually assured destruction no longer really exists (at least as a policy), climate change is too slow, now religious fanaticism you may be one to something unless good old economic collapse comes first and sends us back to the 19th century or earlier.

As a species, we may not adapt to the changes. It certainly has the ability to make much of the planet uninhabitable for humans. We are talking decades, or at most centuries, for large changes to take place. In geological terms that is the blink of an eye.

You are correct though that the vastness of space is incomprehensible. The vastness of the galaxy is incomprehensible and the number of galaxies is beyond real counting. :help:

malcolm
07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
didn't mean to downplay climate change and its consequences. I just think the other two will most likely lead to a change in our way of life sooner, especially speaking in terms of a human generation which is less than a blink of the eye but is the most relevant time frame for most of society.

mister
07-18-2012, 04:09 PM
and this thread finally gets good.