PDA

View Full Version : Fulcrum Racing Light XLR Tubular wheels

elcolombiano
07-11-2012, 01:10 AM
I am considering buying Fulcrum Racing Light XLR Tubular wheels. Does any one own these that can comment on them or are there any reviews to look at. How do these carbon rims brake? Are they very delicate?

wooly
07-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I think they are basically relabeled Campy Hyperon Ultra Twos which get rave reviews.

happycampyer
07-11-2012, 08:48 AM
The rims are the same as the Hyperons—they are super strong and braking is very good, among the best for carbon rims (the new Campagnolo brake pads for carbon rims are even better than the prior versions, but are still sensitive to toe-in to avoid squealing). The ride quality is superb. If there is any downside to the wheels, it's that they aren't particularly light for their depth, so for the same weight you can get more aero, or for the same depth, you can get lighter. But glue up some Veloflex Carbons and the ride quality is hard to beat.

elcolombiano
07-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Wooly and happycampyer thanks for the information. I miss riding sewups and can't find metal, light factory made tubular wheels so these carbon ones are the ones I want. I want the most comfortable wheel I can find that is light weight yet strong.