PDA

View Full Version : Wiggo really an Aussie

Fiertetimestwo
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
His father was an Aussie, his mother was English, and he was born in Belgium.

That suggests he is at least as much of an Australian as he is an Englishman, so let me be the first to claim him as an Aussie.

(We are good at that- many of Australia's favourite "home grown stars" in film and music are actually fom New Zealand!)

Unless, of course, he blows up in the second and third weeks and loses.

In which case he is just another Pom with bad sideburns and a foul mouth.

rustychisel
07-10-2012, 02:16 AM
no.

I suggest not. [scrambles to find a picture revealing the full horror]. Do you really want to claim that as your Tour champion? No thanks, I'll take my chances elsewhere; I'd have loved Ryder H to have done the double, I like Nibali's line in trash talk (he come from a country with a long line in underperforming talkers (hello Gilberto S, I'm looking at you). I'll support Cadel, even that insufferable little ***** Sagan, but I draw the line at a watery eyed whispy faced walking bouffant.

rustychisel
07-10-2012, 02:17 AM
anyway, I'm a senior member and you're a junior member (I just noticed), so I know better.

BTW, why weren't you training on the HPVs at Vic Park on Sunday?

thinpin
07-10-2012, 02:41 AM
no.

I suggest not. [scrambles to find a picture revealing the full horror]. Do you really want to claim that as your Tour champion? No thanks, I'll take my chances elsewhere; I'd have loved Ryder H to have done the double, I like Nibali's line in trash talk (he come from a country with a long line in underperforming talkers (hello Gilberto S, I'm looking at you). I'll support Cadel, even that insufferable little ***** Sagan, but I draw the line at a watery eyed whispy faced walking bouffant.

Dont hold back...on ya maaaite!;)

Fiertetimestwo
07-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Careful rustychisel- I have seen you with sideburns- perhaps slightly more "kempt" than Wiggo's- but sideburns nonetheless. And it wasn't in the seventies.

Oh, and I was at Vic Park on Sunday- what time were you there? Those HPV's use a whole different set of muscles from normal bikes- Ouch!

velotel
07-10-2012, 03:00 AM
You guys crack me up! Sure wouldn't want you to hold back on the opinions. Haven't watched the Tour at all but have seen some pictures of some guy with some rather odd looking sideburns. Thought maybe he was part of the circus parade before the race.

jpw
07-10-2012, 05:02 AM
He's a Londoner.

maxn
07-10-2012, 05:07 AM
no.

ha ha ha, awesome!