PDA

View Full Version : OT: Driving skills

LegendRider
07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Unbelievable!

http://youtu.be/LuDN2bCIyus

dustyrider
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
It truly is amazing what a person can do in a car, with a whole lot of video editing. :rolleyes:

Too bad whenever Ken Block tried to drive in the WRC he ended up rolling his car! :help: To be fair I should say he ended up crashing his car, I'm pretty sure he only barrel rolled the once in Portugal.

benc
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
just like in the movies, the rubber on the road gives away the fact that it took 10 takes to get it right...

shuke
07-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Pretty amazing. I saw him doing some stuff with Rob Dyrdek on MTV one time. Still amazes me.

false_Aest
07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
anyone notice all the gopros that fell off?

i think i saw 4.

christian
07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
That's sort of the point of GoPros, innit?

I sat with Ken when he was just starting out, and hooked him up with his current co-driver. You have to give him credit - he's worked very hard at both promoting the sport and at becoming a reasonably credible driver. Certainly he's chucked some machinery into the scenery, but sometimes that's part of the learning curve.

Props to him for racing cars on other people's money. Not many can do that.

pdmtong
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
when was the film date on this. I dont recall the street shutdown notices especially the upper deck of the bay bridge...mad skills.

csm
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
It truly is amazing what a person can do in a car, with a whole lot of video editing. :rolleyes:

Too bad whenever Ken Block tried to drive in the WRC he ended up rolling his car! :help: To be fair I should say he ended up crashing his car, I'm pretty sure he only barrel rolled the once in Portugal.

isn't he still giving it a shot?

dustyrider
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
isn't he still giving it a shot?

I believe he's only raced Mexico and New Zealand this year, I don't think he made the top 8. Certainly a better showing then 2011 but far fewer races...

Not like anyone's going to beat Loeb other than Loeb. Course Miko does have the genes, and Finland is up next! I wish Petter were still a contender he's such an animated guy.

Not like the robot Loeb,"yes, I must go faster today, ok." (in posh french accent)

I just don't see the appeal of Ken Block's videos, I mean Tanner Foust just did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUv1kW0ktN4

I've dreamed about doing this, ever since I got my first Hot Wheels Slot car track. Some video of Ken Block burning up tires, doing basically the same thing over, and over, is supposed to impress me?

rugbysecondrow
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
No hate here. Who else gets to do what he did in San Fran? Good for him carving out a niche that lets him have fun, make some money and likely bang hot chick 3 at a time.

Props

Plum Hill
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I, too, thought Block would have done much better in WRC. Then again, former F1 champ Kimi Raikonen fared just as dismally in WRC.
Then, Marcus Gronholm comes to the US for the Rally Cross series and kicks everyone's butt....

Speaking of which, Rally Cross will be on ESPN this Saturday evening.