PDA

View Full Version : SRAM GXP Italian with Shimano DA - Possible?

slidey
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
So I have a spare DA crankset in my parts bin, but no Hollowtech 2 Italian BB...talk about the little things in life :mad:

I wanted to replace the (hideous) SRAM Red crankset on my bike with the DA one and I was wondering if I could just swap out the cranks and use the bike for a few days, while I wait for an ordered one to arrive.

I'm guessing not, but there's bound to be someone who's tried this at some point.

jds108
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Sram spindle and bb is 24mm on one side and 22 mm on the other. Shimano is 24mm both sides. So the Shimano crank won't fit through a sram bb.

slidey
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info!

Shimano crank won't fit through a sram bb.

Just what I needed to hear :cool:

oldpotatoe
07-07-2012, 08:05 AM
So I have a spare DA crankset in my parts bin, but no Hollowtech 2 Italian BB...talk about the little things in life :mad:

I wanted to replace the (hideous) SRAM Red crankset on my bike with the DA one and I was wondering if I could just swap out the cranks and use the bike for a few days, while I wait for an ordered one to arrive.

I'm guessing not, but there's bound to be someone who's tried this at some point.

Nope, not compatible. I have shimano BB cups in the far superior Italian threading, BTW. Any decent bike shop should.