PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old rocking Whistler!

Kirk Pacenti
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
http://reviews.mtbr.com/video-growing-up-whistler

Can't fathom how good he'll be at 15!

Cheers,
KP

learningtoride
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
!

Fishbike
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow. That little guy can fly!

ngilbert
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
So cool! Very skilled kid.

DRietz
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
He can downhill faster than me, that's for sure - and it's not because he has 24" wheels, either. ;)

The music made me gag, but the video was awesome.

The next Peter Sagan? He needs to start racing XC...

MattTuck
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Down hill is a young man's sport...

VERY young, apparently. Atleast his bones will heal quickly.

spacemen3
07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Good for him. I suck. Every time I take out the mountain bike I come back a bruised and bloody mess — and I don't even catch air. :)

bluesea
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Jeff Ward on a bicycle.

pdmtong
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
its really not that unbelievable. my daughter at 9yo was also was bombing adv-intermediates at northstar-at-tahoe ona 24" DH rig and she has had no where near the saddle time that kid likely has/had.

its really all about the opty you might have, and the proximity to that opty.

9yo kids in maui can surf better than most adults.

9yo kids with access to horses can ride like crazy.

I see "groms" just nail it at the sea otter pump track every year. to step up off the pump track, get on a 24" mtb and start flying like the kid in the video is not that big a leap.

dont get me wrong, the kid certainly is impressive. but it's not his first day on the bike.

lucky him, he got access and encouragement to reach a level at age 9 that many of us as adults will never reach.

not much armor in that video, so as cool as the flights were, easy stuff for those guys.

TMB
07-05-2012, 05:51 PM
THAT was awesome-
I have always wanted to become a good enough snowboarder to warrent a trip to Whistler! I didnt even stop to think how amazing riding could be there!
Thanks so much for posting it!

Probably the best bike park you will find anywhere.

That said all the major ski hills here have bike parks;
Whistler
Sun Peaks
Silver Star
Apex
Revelstoke
Kicking Horse
Panorama
Fernie
Kananskis

parris
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting this! It's always great to see kids with talent. It's also cool that the video gear is out there and affordable so that people can put these together.

pdmtong
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for posting this! It's always great to see kids with talent. It's also cool that the video gear is out there and affordable so that people can put these together.

yea, $300 and you can be a "hero2"

parris
07-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Oh in my case I would be the polar opposite of a "Hero"... I'd be more like a ZERO! But you're right about the hero camcorders and the like. Those little things have just opened up a ton of options for people to shoot and make videos that just a few years ago would've been prohibitive. It's neat stuff.