PDA

View Full Version : California framemaker that starts with T ???

Louis
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
While out on my ride yesterday I met and older gentleman and a younger kid who might have been his grandson or nephew. The kid was riding a yellow Calfee Tetra and the older guy a steel T??? The older gentleman owned both bikes. I can’t remember the name of the manufacturer, but it was a name that was new to me. He told me that it was a custom boutique outfit out in California. (He used to live in Santa Cruz, hence the Calfee.)

Does anyone know the names of any California frame makers that start with T? I’ll remember the name when I hear it. I just thought I’d look it up. You don’t see high-end frames around here very often. I hope I meet the older guy again, he seems to have good taste in bikes.

Thanks
Louis

SoCalSteve
09-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I cannot think of any high end "boutique" outfit in CA.

Anyone else?

Steve

ShockTreatment
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Tesch?

Louis
09-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Tesch?

No, it was longer than Tesch. Trocanio, or some such thing. (I Googled that and came up empty.)

Innominatus
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Tallerico?

Louis
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Tallerico?

That's it !!!!

Thank, Inno

Louis

Kane
09-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I think that you might have seen a Torelli. Bill Holland imports bike that he orders from Italy. His premium builder is Mondonico who makes a 'pinned' lug frame. He also sells Tig welded steel and Aluminum frames as well as an assortment of pretty nice equipment to put on the bike. My brother has a 'Nitro Express' lugged Columbus Nemo frame with a steel fork. Occasionally a few in the Tri crowd will toss him some abuse about riding a steel frame, at least until the race starts.

It's the rider not the material. Regardless, it is a nice frame and it rides beautifully.

Cheers,

Kane

coylifut
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I cannot think of any high end "boutique" outfit in CA.

Anyone else?

Steve

you're joking around a little bit. right?

amg
09-19-2005, 01:00 PM
I think that you might have seen a Torelli. Bill Holland imports bike that he orders from Italy. His premium builder is Mondonico who makes a 'pinned' lug frame. He also sells Tig welded steel and Aluminum frames as well as an assortment of pretty nice equipment to put on the bike. My brother has a 'Nitro Express' lugged Columbus Nemo frame with a steel fork. Occasionally a few in the Tri crowd will toss him some abuse about riding a steel frame, at least until the race starts.

It's the rider not the material. Regardless, it is a nice frame and it rides beautifully.

Cheers,

Kane

The distributor for Torelli/Mondonico is Bill McGann (formerly known as Bill Simonian [sp?]). Confused yet? :)

Antonio

Cadence230
09-20-2005, 09:24 AM
The distributor for Torelli/Mondonico is Bill McGann (formerly known as Bill Simonian [sp?]). Confused yet? :)

Antonio
Witness protection?

Bill Bove
09-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Antonio
Formally known as "Chairman Bill" :confused:

nicrump
09-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Tallerico Handbuilt Bicycles
Phone: 650-464-9085