PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using a mantra saddle??

ultraman6970
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Opinions about the san marco mantra saddle???

merlincustom1
07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Ask Jeff Goldblum.

Steve in SLO
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Bell Mantra, Klein Mantra or self-affirming Mantra?

ultraman6970
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Fixed :D

LegendRider
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I use the Mantra on my two road bikes. After 20+ years of riding and lots of experimenting with saddles, it's the first one I've found to completely relieve pressure on my soft tissue.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

ultraman6970
07-04-2012, 07:56 PM
It is harder to get use to ??? has a lot of padding??? hard? soft???

If you used the toupe, do you feel some advantages in the mantra?

mnoble485
07-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I have been riding a mantra for about 3 months. On my first ride I was ready to throw it as far as I could into the weeds. Good thing I didn't because after findu=ing the sweet spot as far as height and setback it has been nirvana. Best thing I ever did. No more feeling like I got a shot of novacaine in the kibble and bits.

Mike

LegendRider
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
It is harder to get use to ??? has a lot of padding??? hard? soft???

If you used the toupe, do you feel some advantages in the mantra?

I tried an SMP that I could never adjust to. Too much pressure on my sit bones. The Mantra puts pressure on your sit bones, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I can't explain the difference.

The Mantra padding is firmer than most saddles I've used, but, again, I got accustomed to it quickly. For perspective, It's not as firm as an SLR put more firm than a ProLink.

I tried a Toupe when they first came out and it was awful for me. However, I use a Phenom on my mountain bike and it works fine (maybe because I'm more upright).

Mantras are fairly rare, but everyone who rides it seems to like it.

mandasol
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Saddles are very personal. I tried it and have moved on myself. It has a flat profile similar to a toupe or slr which I prefer but it has a lot of padding compared to those saddles which I don't really care for. That padding can bunch up the longer you ride and for me at least my sit bones didn't feel very well supported. Lots of people like that saddle so YMMV. Maybe worth a try if you can get a demo.

ultraman6970
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys... just trying to correct a problem im getting in last 2 months. The front gets pretty delicate, no numbness but delicate. Tried the next model down from the toupe and that thing worked for 20 mins and later I couldn't find the sweet spot so i returned it today. Good saddle but not for me.

I might have some stuff related with the hips maybe, or maybe prostatitis as somebody mentioned to me today.

AgilisMerlin
07-05-2012, 07:21 PM
unfortunately my Mantra goes: iteflitefliteflitefliteflitefliteflitefliteflitefl :)

GOOD LUCK

ultraman6970
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
sorry?