PDA

View Full Version : Would an F3 fork improve my ride?

saab2000
09-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, maybe it is a bit of a lame question. But since I am not wild about the Look HSC3 fork on my Merckx I thought I might ask.

The Look twists considerably more than the steel fork on my Strong. I am not wild about getting a steel fork for the Merkcx (though it has crossed my mind) but it has crossed my mind that the F3 might well be the stiffest carbon fork out there.

Any thoughts?

BTW, this is mostly idle thought on a lazy Sunday afternoon in Cleveland. The riding around here doesn't look half bad. Too bad I can only run when I am travelling......

pale scotsman
09-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Slap an ouzo pro on the bike and see if that'll help. If it doesn't liven up the frame's ride then sell the dang thing and move on. Life is too short to settle for something you don't like especially when you've got the Strong that you do. My .02 Alabamian.

H.Frank Beshear
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I know someonre that has a nice woundup he'd sell right ;) Frank

Fixed
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Bro I hate give advise to some who knows a lot more than I ever will But here goes I would agree about the look And don't think you would like the reynolds pro either the new serotta forks come in 3 different styles one for strong sprinters you might like it but you will big money. I'd try a Time fork. Cheers :beer:

FlaRider
09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Saab: I have a like-new F3 fork (43 mm rake) I could sell to you. PM me if interested. Thanks.