PDA

View Full Version : how are you watching the Tour?

vqdriver
07-03-2012, 12:26 PM
anyone watching this thing on the west coast that's not up at 5am?

54ny77
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Eurosport streaming on a side window on computer monitor.

By far the best coverage. I think they all seem to share the same video feed. How can you you get better than Sean Kelly providing at-the-moment commentary?

Ya can't! :banana:

vqdriver
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
i see the live feeds, which are finished by the time i get to work. is there some sort of 30 min or 1hr version a la the old versus coverage? or are those gone along with the networK?

Marcusaurelius
07-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I set the pvr to record and watch it a little later in the day.

Joe Remi
07-03-2012, 12:57 PM
It runs two more times in three-hour segments at 5 and 9pm West Coast.

slidey
07-03-2012, 01:19 PM
This is how I'm watching the tour: http://youtu.be/RhPH1QJGHwQ :banana: :banana:

But, here are two subscribers who upload vids of stages on youtube:

1. Eurosport: http://www.youtube.com/user/kaocw?feature=watch

2. The Sherwin/Liggett babble: http://www.youtube.com/user/ScumbagwithChromebag

Fixed
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
On the edge of my seat

Cheers :)

67-59
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
DVR for me. Set it to record the live coverage in the morning (adding an extra hour, just in case the stage goes long), then watch it anytime later in the day.

Jaq
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM

By far the best coverage. I think they all seem to share the same video feed. How can you you get better than Sean Kelly providing at-the-moment commentary?

+1. Yesterday's coverage had me giggling; it seemed like all they could talk about was how often the various parts of the country had been conquered, and by which armies. "Now the peloton is passing through the spot where Henry VIII laid waste to an entire French army. Oh, and right over there's where the Nazis broke through. And of course, Napoleon came through here and left nothing but ashes. And the break's now 5:18. Now this old abbey over here...."

Bob Ross
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm just trying to avoid real-time newsfeeds and spoiler threads on cycling forums during the day, and then checking in for the last hour of primetime "coverage" (sic ...aka, tape delay) on NBC Sports.

Liv2RideHard
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
^^^Same here. Avoiding cyclingnews and the like to avoid the spoilers. I set my DVR to record the live coverage on NBC Sports HD with the Dynamic Brit Duo calling it. I set it to record 2 hours after just in case. Also it is fantastic it HD. First year watching le Tour in HD.

Slightly off topic but...I find it amusing how Bobke and the Iceman (Moninger) keep using American football and baseball comparisons to describe cycling. You can tell they are trying to reach a broader audience. The comparisons are quite frequent.

:beer:

Hawker
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Yep, watching in HD is nice...a real improvement.

joep2517
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
It's sad but I'm streaming it to my iphone and I'm paying the fee to NBC Sports. Thank God for my dataplan.

gospastic
07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
NBC's online feed is nice.

harryblack
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
co-sign Eurosport audio, video when possible/necessary, will bounce to Italian, French etc when the internet gets jammed. I don't have a tv at home but on the road I'll put on Universal w/ the sound off, Phil & Paul are unbearable there let alone the rest of the yokels.

OF COURSE I'm also watching the tour waiting for Tom Danielson to eff it up and Tyler Farrar to underperform--

I didn't have to wait long, did I??!!

Ti Designs
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I only watch the rest day...

slidey
07-03-2012, 10:46 PM
How do you do this? Is it a paid subscription, etc? Could you point me to this?

slidey
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Finally, I've got company!

I'll bring the popcorn, you set the dvr :banana:

I only watch the rest day...

ckamp
07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
TSN2 before work at 5am. Cycle to work at 6:00am, try to catch a few glimpses/updates at work from steephill.tv until it's over
After work, NBC as viewed on TSN for what was missed.

1happygirl
07-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Universal Access on computer. After work, before work, ANYTIME.

Bummer was $29.99 though.

m_sasso
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Up at 5:00AM and http://www.cyclingfans.com/live_race_coverage

Ti Designs
07-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Up at 5:00AM and...

That's a great time to ride!

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is about seeing the Tour right away. I only watch the tour in the winter while I'm on my trainer. During the summer I would much rather ride my own bike than watch other people ride theirs. Besides, if you wait a few years you know which ones get busted for cheating - it all makes so much more sense then...