PDA

View Full Version : No TdF spoilers please! I am begging y'all!

Liv2RideHard
06-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I know I can't be the only one who can't keep up with the Tour everyday. I will inevitably fall behind. I love the DVR and have it programmed to record Le Tour everyday. So please no spoilers or hints in thread titles, please! I guess I could banish myself from the forum for the next 3 weeks...but I would have serious withdrawal problems. I am not trying to dictate what anyone can and can't do here by any means of the imagination, so please don't anyone take it the wrong way. I apologize in advance if anyone out there is offended. I will now go settle in and watch the Prologue...cheers everyone and enjoy the Tour.

:beer:

slidey
06-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Lance wins!!!

TMB
06-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Frank crushed in the Prologue today!!

benitosan1972
06-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Contador gives up meat for tofu!

patrick8037
06-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Eddy Merckx jumped out from the crowd, pushed Mark Cavendish off his bike, and beat him to a bloody pulp. I had never seen anything like it.

Rouleur88
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Michael Rasmussen answered his cell phone.

Earl Gray
06-30-2012, 10:07 PM
I assume you mean in the thread title.

I certainly hope there is talk about the stage throughout the day.

Hopefully everyone will put "Spoiler" in the title but you would be wise to avoid and race related threads.

benitosan1972
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Jens Voight was seen making a pain face

MattTuck
06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
In general, people do a pretty good job including 'spoiler' in the thread title.

It is a perennial issue though, and the only sure fire way to avoid results is to avoid all cycling related websites. and even then, you still run the risk that the news will get picked up on cnn or some other mainstream media outlet.

Good luck, but don't pull your hair out trying to avoid it.

benitosan1972
06-30-2012, 10:59 PM
if you don't want a spoiler, then don't read cycling forum,
if you want to stay on your diet, then don't go to Dunkin' Donuts ;)

*it is inevitable that stuff will leak out, esp here, so just know this pitfall

GuyGadois
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
There, fixed....

Bernard Hinualt jumped out from the crowd, pushed Mark Cavendish off his bike, and beat him to a bloody pulp. Just like the good old days.

Louis
06-30-2012, 11:11 PM
At work last week (whatever day it was the game happened) I mentioned to a buddy of mine who's not a soccer fan, but who's parents come from Germany that "Italia uber alles" (sp?). Of course referring to Italy's 2-1 win over Germany. Later that day he stopped by my desk to tell me that he had been chatting on the phone to someone and mentioned that Germany had lost. The guy said "Oh no, I was recording that to watch later...." Turns out that the guy was a huge Germany fan.

slidey
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM
German fan or not...when Super Mario has his way, there's little else any team can do...and boy oh boy, was Super Mario on form or what!

The guy said "Oh no, I was recording that to watch later...." Turns out that the guy was a huge Germany fan.

Louis
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM
German fan or not...when Super Mario has his way, there's little else any team can do...and boy oh boy, was Super Mario on form or what!

Super indeed. That second goal was incredible.

But he'll be even greater if he ever grows up.

Grant McLean
07-01-2012, 09:05 AM
At work last week (whatever day it was the game happened) I mentioned to a buddy of mine who's not a soccer fan, but who's parents come from Germany that "Italia uber alles" (sp?). Of course referring to Italy's 2-1 win over Germany. Later that day he stopped by my desk to tell me that he had been chatting on the phone to someone and mentioned that Germany had lost. The guy said "Oh no, I was recording that to watch later...." Turns out that the guy was a huge Germany fan.

He couldn't have been that big a fan if he wasn't watching the game live!

-g

Hawker
07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I had no idea Big Mig was making a comeback...Wow, what a day!