PDA

View Full Version : Ti/Paint Refinishing Q's

Zard
09-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I have a Legend Ti in the half paint/half polish style that I want to repaint/refinish.

Is the polished Ti part paintable? Can the Ti underneath the paint be polished?

I saw an example on the photo forum in which the entire frame was buffed down to bare Ti. Can that be done with the polished Ti.

Thanks.

aLexis
09-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Zard,

We can paint the polished portion of your frame, but we cannot polish the currently painted half. How about a nice 3/4 paint, 1/4 polish? :)

Zard
09-18-2005, 01:29 PM
aLexis,

I mistakenly wrote about the 1/2 paint, etc. I actually have the 3/4 paint 1/4 polish. Looking to change out the Big Boy Blue which is getting a little dated and maybe adding a two color scheme along with the polished part. This ride needs a little more pizzaz.

Now the hard part, picking out the color and scheme. Any ideas? Can I identify a color or two and you folks figure out the rest?

jpw
09-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Can a painted carbon fork be repainted in a different colour?

Can a matte finished frame be polished?

Thanks.

Zard
09-18-2005, 01:40 PM
For that matter, can an unpainted carbon fork that has been used be painted?

aLexis
09-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Can a painted carbon fork be repainted in a different colour?

Can a matte finished frame be polished?

Thanks.

yes to the fork, no to the matte

aLexis
09-18-2005, 02:16 PM
For that matter, can an unpainted carbon fork that has been used be painted?

yes

aLexis
09-18-2005, 02:19 PM
aLexis,

I mistakenly wrote about the 1/2 paint, etc. I actually have the 3/4 paint 1/4 polish. Looking to change out the Big Boy Blue which is getting a little dated and maybe adding a two color scheme along with the polished part. This ride needs a little more pizzaz.

Now the hard part, picking out the color and scheme. Any ideas? Can I identify a color or two and you folks figure out the rest?

That's why it's the hard part! I think the half and half looks good, leaving the rear stays polished. Check out the Sizzler also.

Argos
09-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Shouldn't you be out enjoying the beautiful upstate, late summer weather instead of bothering with us here on the forum? :D

Thanks though!