PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Cape May want to ride?

veloduffer
06-29-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm in Cape May NJ next week and just wanted to see if anyone is nearby for a ride or two. Or if someone has some route suggestions that avoid the beach traffic.

Cheers..JZ

Hank Scorpio
06-29-2012, 07:52 AM
I am not in the area but my club has a short ish route around batsto village. I think it is about 40-50 miles. I can see if the route is on map my ride if you are interested.

veloduffer
06-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I am not in the area but my club has a short ish route around batsto village. I think it is about 40-50 miles. I can see if the route is on map my ride if you are interested.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Ray
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I hope you like dead flat and dead straight. I stay out at the shore every summer and I used to venture inland and ride all of the little highways in South Jersey and somehow each one is flatter and straighter than the one before. Its amazing. Batsto is as good a target as any other, if you like big piles of metal. I gave up on riding there and just do a lot of walking and running on the beach... And ride to the store...

-Ray

veloduffer
06-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I hope you like dead flat and dead straight. I stay out at the shore every summer and I used to venture inland and ride all of the little highways in South Jersey and somehow each one is flatter and straighter than the one before. Its amazing. Batsto is as good a target as any other, if you like big piles of metal. I gave up on riding there and just do a lot of walking and running on the beach... And ride to the store...

-Ray

Yeah, we stayed there last year and I had my fixie with me. I think the only hill was the bridge. I am meeting a friend there whose family is trying to start a vineyard near Cape May courthouse - both he and his father are cyclists but they will only be there until Wed.

I saw a 40 mile loop that goes into Wildwood and back. I am really not familiar with the Jersey shore and wonder how's the traffic in Wildwood. I'd try to ride early in morning before the hustle & bustle, but I don't know what truck traffic is like.

I figure most of my riding will be towards exploring short loops (25 mi or less) north of Cape May rather than trying to get in hard training/mileage.

csm
06-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I *may* be down next Friday thru Sunday... well, up north a bit in Stone harbor..

veloduffer
06-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I *may* be down next Friday thru Sunday... well, up north a bit in Stone harbor..

That's not too far. Is It this Weekend Or July 6-8?

csm
06-30-2012, 05:59 PM
that's not too far. Is it this weekend or july 6-8?

6-8