PDA

View Full Version : Today - Cubs v Astros tix

Dromen
06-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Anyone need two freebies on 1st base side for America's most popular and over-priced minor league ball club?

Bruce K
06-29-2012, 07:04 AM
This might be one of the best OT posts ever.

:banana::banana::banana:

BK

rugbysecondrow
06-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Anyone need two freebies on 1st base side for America's most popular and over-priced minor league ball club?

As a Cubs fan, sad but true.

BumbleBeeDave
06-29-2012, 09:01 AM
. . . in the late 60's. Wrigley field had no lights and going to a Cubs game was an excused absence at school. The seats were wood, the walls were covered with ivy, and we'd ride the "El" up to the north side. The neighbors beyond the left field wall would have parties on their roofs to watch the game. On WGN Jack Brickhouse would yell "It's going, going . . . Hey! Hey!" every time Ernie Banks snapped those wrists around and sent one over the wall. Ron Santo would jump in the air and click his heels at game's end as they walked down the left field line to the clubhouse if they won the game.

They may not have won the pennat, but these were some of the best memories of my childhood and a magical time. I wasn't 6 feet tall for basketball or huge for football and I saw the players as normal human beings playing a game I could stand a chance of playing fairly well. I could have the fantasy of someday, when I grew up, maybe, just maybe being one of them out on the field.

Not like today when it's all about money, and doping, and money, and team politics, and money, and . . . well, you get the idea. :(

BBD