PDA

View Full Version : Supplier Source for Campy 10 Speed Index Gears?

BikeTech
06-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Seems QBP is no longer carrying the 9 or 10 speed index gears for Campy Ergo shifters.

Does anybody else know of a supplier source for these items?

Perhaps Campy has discontinued these parts?

Steve in SLO
06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
PM Old Potatoe. If he can't get it, it's not around.

DRietz
06-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Branford: http://branfordbike.com/articles/campagnolo-ergo-lever-parts-1998-2008-pg71.htm

Prepare to pay retail though. Based on the fact that you're looking at QBP, I assume you work at a shop, and, thus, my next logical thought would be Campy direct... ;)

oldpotatoe
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Seems QBP is no longer carrying the 9 or 10 speed index gears for Campy Ergo shifters.

Does anybody else know of a supplier source for these items?

Perhaps Campy has discontinued these parts?

Still 'around' and I have them...I get them from EuroAsia, since you asked for a distributor. Gettin pricey tho-even at wholesale.

BikeTech
06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Thank you sir, I had a feeling EuroAsia might carry them. Pretty certain they have a minimum order so I may need to put something together.

oldpotatoe
06-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Thank you sir, I had a feeling EuroAsia might carry them. Pretty certain they have a minimum order so I may need to put something together.

No minimum order size IME..the index gears are expensive, what EA does as things get scarce and they are the last one holding.....

DRietz
06-27-2012, 10:32 AM
EAI's minimum order is $100. Maybe not for Peter, because he's a regular. ;)

BikeTech
06-27-2012, 12:12 PM
FYI EuroAsia is out of stock :(

Campy has discontinued the index gears, now wishing I had ordered some before they disappeared. The only remaining option is to order the shifter body kit direct from Campy USA which is $$$, even at cost.

merlinmurph
06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
My LBS is great when a shifter goes on me and needs surgery. What does this parts shortage mean? Are the index gears the parts that usually break in the shifter? I've got Chorus QS 10sp.

Murph

DRietz
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
My LBS is great when a shifter goes on me and needs surgery. What does this parts shortage mean? Are the index gears the parts that usually break in the shifter? I've got Chorus QS 10sp.

Murph

No, the g-spring or its carrier are typically what break.

In fact, I've never needed to replace an index gear in as many sets of ergos I've done.