PDA

View Full Version : Giro Pneumo as compared to Atmos Ionos

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I have a trusted medium Pneumo, in silver, want something more colorful. Bell's "medium, 55-59" (a medium Sweep "R" I just sold didn't fit) seems smaller than Giro's medium. Question, does the Atmos or Ionos fit/feel like the Pneumo, in the same size?

holliscx
06-23-2012, 05:36 AM
I tried on several Giro models and found they fit comparably across the model range; I also found Bells to fit smaller and not as well. Specialized fit about the same size but weren't as comfortable for my head. Catlike is another brand but difficult to find in the US.

zmudshark
06-23-2012, 05:46 AM
I have an Atmos, an Ionos, and a Prolight. They fit the same. I can't compare it to a Pneumo, though, never had one.

mcteague
06-23-2012, 06:04 AM
I have an Atmos, an Ionos, and a Prolight. They fit the same. I can't compare it to a Pneumo, though, never had one.

I just picked up a closeout Prolight in medium. It fits just a hair tighter than my previous Pneumo in the same size. However, that may be due to the elastic band used for the Rockloc system in the Prolight.

Funny, my first lightweight helmet was some new brand called "Giro" who offered a foam cooler type called a "Prolight". I've stayed with the brand all these years as they just seem to fit my noggin best.

Tim

majl
06-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I started with a Pneumo and it fit my head perfectly in a medium. After a couple of years I ordered an Atmos online in the same size which turned out to be a mistake - it gave me a headache after 15 minutes. The fit was not at all the same. I vowed never again to order a helmet without first trying it on. I switched over to Bell and settled on the Volt which fits very similar to my older Pneumo.

DRietz
06-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I just picked up a closeout Prolight in medium. It fits just a hair tighter than my previous Pneumo in the same size. However, that may be due to the elastic band used for the Rockloc system in the Prolight.

The Prolight does have three adjustment settings for that band. Look in the helmet by the temples.

Oh, and Bell helmets fit round heads better whereas Giro helmets fit ovalized heads better. They're owned by the same conglomerate, so they're comparable quality.

esldude
06-23-2012, 11:27 PM
The Prolight does have three adjustment settings for that band. Look in the helmet by the temples.

Oh, and Bell helmets fit round heads better whereas Giro helmets fit ovalized heads better. They're owned by the same conglomerate, so they're comparable quality.

Yes, I plus one this.

I have and use a Bell Array which fits my head well. Got a Giro Atmos. Like it as it seems a touch lighter, but mainly better ventilated. But it simply doesn't fit quite as well (which also may leave more room to air to move). The reason is vs the Bell it is a more ovalized shape. Fasteners and all that are pretty much identical.

benitosan1972
06-23-2012, 11:36 PM
I started with a Pneumo and it fit my head perfectly in a medium. After a couple of years I ordered an Atmos online in the same size which turned out to be a mistake - it gave me a headache after 15 minutes. The fit was not at all the same. I vowed never again to order a helmet without first trying it on. I switched over to Bell and settled on the Volt which fits very similar to my older Pneumo.

I've tried every helmet and settled on the Bell Volt as well.
I dunno, maybe it's the aZn head phenomena? :banana: