PDA

View Full Version : Valve Extenders

mike p
06-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Valve extenders? Any difference in brands? I need to buy four to six valve extenders for deep carbon tubular wheels. I've got no clue. Pricey zipps to cheap topeaks any difference? Also is there a standard length for standard depth rims. For instance for a DA 50 wheel would you use a 50 valve extender? If it makes any difference I use a silica super pista pump with presta only head.

Thanks much
Mike

Tim
06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
topeaks are fine and do the job well. Buy whatever length you think you'll need- attach the valve extender to a spare inner tube and see how long it is....you'll see right away if it's long enough or not.

ZippRider
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
The TUFO valve extenders are nice. Only thing is you have to be able to remove the valve core from the tube or tire then screw on the extender then replace the valve core.

http://www.tufotires.com/tufo_valve_extenders.htm

benitosan1972
06-22-2012, 10:41 PM
^and remember that not all tubes have a removable valve-core

false_Aest
06-23-2012, 12:27 AM
brah,

expensive vittoria valve extenders... don't work with their cheaper tires . . . different threading. yeah even LBS mechanic did a triple take for this one.

i'm thinking tubulars here.

oldpotatoe
06-23-2012, 08:22 AM
brah,

expensive vittoria valve extenders... don't work with their cheaper tires . . . different threading. yeah even LBS mechanic did a triple take for this one.

i'm thinking tubulars here.

Hook two of the red ones together..they screw on top of each other..

brah? you mean bra?