06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Congratulations. You earned it.

azrider
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
meh

firerescuefin
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Congratulations. You earned it.

No doubt who the final's MVP is. Glad to see him fulfill his potential. People may not have like "the decision for good reason....but he is far from a bad guy. Hard to carry the world on your shoulders...and succeed. Congrats!

GuyGadois
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
LeBron James and crew do nothing for me. I love seeing "super teams" fail. Be it Miami or Chelski, there is something satisfying about a team put together with high dollars lose. I get the same warm feeling seeing a low budget team win. Miami was destined to win someday. I'm just not sure it proves anything.

GG

Louis
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm not much of an NBA fan and didn't have a dog in this fight, but was rooting for the Heat primarily because it seemed to me that nearly everyone else was rooting against them.

4Rings6Stars
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Is it hockey season yet?

tannhauser
06-21-2012, 11:31 PM
A way better player and a more humble person this year.
He was spectacular.

Fixed
06-22-2012, 04:39 AM
A way better player and a more humble person this year.
He was spectacular.

+1

Worth every penny IMHO :

JonB
06-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Only 7 more to go!

Kupe
06-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Only 7 more to go!

^^^ This!!!

rice rocket
06-22-2012, 07:48 AM
I would've rather seen Doc Rivers take Boston all the way one last time before the gang retired/disbanded, but so is life.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Is it hockey season yet?

3 months, almost to the day, for pre-season to start. :cool:

Bob Ross
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I would've rather seen Doc Rivers take Boston all the way one last time before the gang retired/disbanded

Tell me about it!

MattTuck
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Not the biggest fan of his, given 'the decision' and the arrogance.

But he certainly earned it.

jr59
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
LeBron James and crew do nothing for me. I love seeing "super teams" fail. Be it Miami or Chelski, there is something satisfying about a team put together with high dollars lose. I get the same warm feeling seeing a low budget team win. Miami was destined to win someday. I'm just not sure it proves anything.

GG

Funny thing is, both teams had almost the same payroll!

learningtoride
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
-

fiamme red
06-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Isn't he a part owner of Cannondale?

holliscx
06-23-2012, 02:47 PM
The King can't even be compared to MJ (6*), nor Magic (5), nor Bird (3), nor Kobe (5), nor Shaq (4), nor Duncan (4).

Lebron has to get to 3 to even start a discussion. But he might. He's only 27.

JonB
06-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Lebron has plenty of time. Keep in mind that MJ was 28 when he won his first of 6.

jr59
06-23-2012, 08:43 PM
The King can't even be compared to MJ (6*), nor Magic (5), nor Bird (3), nor Kobe (5), nor Shaq (4), nor Duncan (4).

Lebron has to get to 3 to even start a discussion. But he might. He's only 27.

STRONGLY disagree with this.

By your logic Robert Horry would be a better player than MJ. After all he has 7!

How about KC Jones? He must be the greatest of all time. He has 10!

Right now, comparing them as basketball players, LBJ IS better than MJ. And it's not close. He rebounds the ball MUCH better, he passes the ball MUCH better, he defends MUCH better and always takes the other teams best player. He plays on the block much better.

MJ late in his NBA life, shot the ball better.

Now ok, lets look at this, When MJ took the year off to play baseball. The bulls still made the playoffs, and lost in the first round.

The cavs, after making the finals with LBJ, the year after wen 15-67!
Some team they had there!

So please tell me at this stage in their NBA lifetimes, who is better?

Earl Gray
06-23-2012, 08:47 PM

He rebounds the ball MUCH better, he passes the ball MUCH better, he defends MUCH better and always takes the other teams best player. He plays on the block much better....

So please tell me at this stage in their NBA lifetimes, who is better?

Michael Jordan, hands down!

Not much of what you posted is accurate as I remember it.

Miami and D Wade won a championship without Lebron and the current Miami would easily make the playoffs without him.

jr59
06-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Michael Jordan, hands down!

Not much of what you posted is accurate as I remember it.

Miami and D Wade won a championship without Lebron and the current Miami would easily make the playoffs without him.

Not quite.

http://www.nbauniverse.com/teams/records_miami_heat.htm

In the 3 years prior to LBJ, the heat were 105-141. In the 2 years since LBJ, the heat are, 104 and 44. Including a shorten season this year!

Also D.wade could not win with out Shaq!

Hope this helps your memory

killacks
06-23-2012, 11:24 PM
There's a lot of story lines attached to Lebron James, some deserved and some not.

I think the ongoing discussion about him speaks to the power of the game. We can watch him come under fire constantly, and we can watch him react. Its a test of character through sport.

He's mentioned during and after this playoff about how he was playing with a lot of hate last year. This year he brought more joy to his game and had fun with it, with excellent results.

I bandwagoned with OKC this year because I like the positive story lines in sports and they seemed to have that. This one with Lebron is a currently a good one, too, I think.

FlashUNC
06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
LeBron is this era's Wilt Chamberlain. A unique set of talents and gifts that can lead to unbelieveable on court performances. But he happens to be completely insufferable.

holliscx
06-24-2012, 07:48 AM
The playoffs are the only thing the NBA gets right. I can't stomach the regular season the way players loaf and games are meaningless. When I attend a game I feel like I'm at an R&B / hip-hop concert. After tip-off it's no defense and so much one-on-one compared to college - which has suffered as a result of early defectors. I prefer the college game - give me March Madness over the NBA playoffs every year.