PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Dairyland starts tomorrow. How to follow?

572cv
06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
The Tour of America's Dairyland starts tomorrow, and my daughter is in. She just got moved up to Cat 1 (way to go, Emma), riding for Speedfix, a small local club out of Minneapolis St. Paul. They sport a sort of zebra striped kit, for those of you who might watch and wish to have a truly deserving hard working and sharp rider to cheer for :banana: ( yes, I'm being effusive about my terrific daughter!). Last year she had some good rides in this race.

Anyway, does anyone know of good ways or indeed any ways to follow the action for those of us interested but unable to be there?

Also, if anyone is going to the races and would be kind enough to post a little news as possible, that would be much appreciated. That way I wouldn't have to wait till the next day for the official race results on line.

Thanks !

jlwdm
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's success!!! Will she ride with you any more?

Jeff

572cv
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's success!!! Will she ride with you any more?

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! "with" is a very broad term..... If we take her with us to her uncle's house in northern CA when she is training in the spring, well, maybe for the first ten minutes of the ride. If we take her with us to ride in France and do the Alpe d'Huez ( among others, as in last September), she is gracious and companionable and drops back and rides ahead with great aplomb offering encouragement to the entire group. It all depends. But we can still keep up enough of a pace to make it fun for her to ride with us for at least a while. But it is a great satisfaction to both my wife (who used to race against the likes of Connie C. ) and me ( who used to race against the local hoipoloi ) that she has taken to such a wonderful life sport.