PDA

View Full Version : AAARRRRR, Fellow Pirates! . . .

BumbleBeeDave
09-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Friends and fellow buccaneers. . .

Just a note to let you know that Monday, September 19, 2005--THIS NEXT MONDAY--is the one, the only, the OFFICIAL International Talk Like A Pirate day!

Here is the one, the only, the OFFICIAL web site that will give you all the information on the day, its history, and how YOU, too, can talk like an authentic pirate!

Don't thank me now. Wait till about 4pm Monday, when the mere mention of the word sends you into paroxysms of glee!

Cap'n BB Dave!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

William
09-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Arrrrr, bust me scuppers ya buck-toothed barnacle!

Before ye can talk liek a pirate, Ya got ta earn your pirate name ya frilly Narwahl! :butt:

http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate/

Bloody William Flint
(Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr! ) ;)

TimB
09-16-2005, 01:18 PM
http://www.nickjr.com/playtime/cats/video/index.jhtml?playlistID=32264

choose video #6.

Ozz
09-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Don't forget to ride the right bike!

BTW: "Iron John Vane"

http://www.torkerusa.com/

Dr. Doofus
09-16-2005, 01:58 PM
my pirate wench

(somebody get this down to avator size for your doof...can't do it here)

Bruce K
09-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I preferred Maureen O'Hara.

Something about redheads.....

BK

PS: What do pirate piercings cost? - A buck an ear! :rolleyes:

Dr. Doofus
09-16-2005, 02:18 PM
the whole "bad movie with john wayne" factor takes O'Hara out of the running.

Vivian Leigh, anyone?

Bruce K
09-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Doof;

The Duke NEVER made a bad movie!! :p :rolleyes:

BK

gasman
09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
FYI--

Of course Talk Like a Pirate Day was started by 2 scallywags from Oregon !!

They chose Sept 19th because it is the birthday of an ex-wife. I think maybe to annoy her. My wife hates the day as she hates my pirate tlak-I think she is jealous.
Last year while I was at work talking like a pirate, the operating room nurses presented me with an eye patch and head band to wear for the day.Arrr.. they are fine wenches.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Ozz
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Doof;

The Duke NEVER made a bad movie!! :p :rolleyes:

BK
You ever seen "McQ"?

Ouch!

Doof, try this:

BTW - who do you think you are? Sinatra? ;)

Bruce K
09-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Ranks right up there with "The Green Berets". ;)

BK

Bill Bove
09-16-2005, 04:32 PM
"The Green Berets" Yep, only the Duke could make the sun set in the east! The end of the movie, the team has just returned to Cahm Rahn Bay and JW is giving the little Vietnamise kid Peterson's beanie, look closely in the background, the sun is setting over the water. Somebody tell the producers that Viet-Nam faced east!!!!

Never got the chance to go there but a lot of the guys I was in with did and they always got a laugh out of that.

Bill Bove
09-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh Yeah, Bruce. Maureen O'Hara was babeliciuos :banana: Redheads rock :banana: BUT NEVER, EVER date them :no: :crap: :mad:

H.Frank Beshear
09-16-2005, 08:35 PM
was o.k. Ever seen an early picture of Katherine Hepburn. My oh My. Before the African queen, the voice didn't change much but wow. Frank

Cadence230
09-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Arrrrr, bust me scuppers ya buck-toothed barnacle!

Before ye can talk liek a pirate, Ya got ta earn your pirate name ya frilly Narwahl! :butt:

http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate/

Bloody William Flint
(Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr! ) ;)
Ay. Red Flint Tom here matey!

BumbleBeeDave
09-17-2005, 06:41 AM
. . . no one mentioned “The Quiet Man.” The Duke showing he really CAN act, Maureen O’Hara doing the same and looking, well, awe-inspiring, a stunning supporting cast, and wonderful, WONDERFUL story. The best movie romance I have seen before or since.

BBDave

William
09-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Ay. Red Flint Tom here matey!
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_blackbeard_1.jpg
Arrr, Welcome ye Red Flint Tom! I be hearin that ye be one Survy scalliwag. Ye be almost as low as Dirty Jack Ratcham (Beungood). :D

T rest of ye land lubbers,
Arrr, so ye be wantin' t' go to sea an' ye don't be wantin' t' end up in Davy Jones' Locker. Then ye best be learnin' t' be talkin' like a buccaneer.

Bloody William Flint. :butt:

:D
(Most any flick with the Duke in it is classic. IMHO, Pirates of The Caribbean was an excellent swashbuckling movie.)

Dr. Doofus
09-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Your pirate name is:

Dirty Ethel Kidd

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Dekonick
09-17-2005, 09:06 PM
FYI--

Of course Talk Like a Pirate Day was started by 2 scallywags from Oregon !!

They chose Sept 19th because it is the birthday of an ex-wife. I think maybe to annoy her. My wife hates the day as she hates my pirate tlak-I think she is jealous.
Last year while I was at work talking like a pirate, the operating room nurses presented me with an eye patch and head band to wear for the day.Arrr.. they are fine wenches.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Arrgh

Shiver me timbers - Ye be breathing yer last breath before I carve ye like the skallywag ye be! (as our doc begins to induce anethesia...)

Scarrrry eh?

BumbleBeeDave
09-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Tis’ a gleemful thing to be seein’ the likes of you fine scalliwags on me turf!

We gots to join up and rat out the scruvy Captain Ben and his ride, the leaky, rottin’ “Lady Serotta!” T’would be a fine adventure!

ARRRR!!

Cap’n Stinger

musgravecycles
09-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Argh...

ye forum Maytees 'd better be callin' me Black Jack Rackhem from now on...

Savvy...

BumbleBeeDave
09-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Today be THE day, mateys!

Shiver yer' timbers an' swill yer' grog and' carve up any scurvy bilge rat what may try ter keep yer's from having a good time!

Dirty Cap'n Stinger McBee!

ClutchCargo
09-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Today be THE day, mateys!

Shiver yer' timbers an' swill yer' grog and' carve up any scurvy bilge rat what may try ter keep yer's from having a good time!

Dirty Cap'n Stinger McBee!

out of its misery !

(ARRRRR ... I'm off to ride the rusty scupper!)

Keith A
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
(somebody get this down to avator size for your doof...can't do it here)
Here's a little better one than was posted before...If you want me to focus more on the face or whatever, I can do that as well.

Cadence230
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Ar. It's gone fer anudder year! What perhaps did ye naives do? Any rapin' er pillagin'? Me, I stuck me member in da sharp end of a musket after being brushed off by a leaky wench of questionable morals. Braided me pubes en den shivered me timbers with a mainsheet. Arrr.

rpm
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Last night, I was changin' the rubber on me raidin' machine, preparin' for battle in the Great North. I was distracted by the image of a comely wench on me squawk box, and I pinched me new tube. Aaaaar!

So, it's pirate talk, ye want, is it? Here's ye pirate talk
@#!##*#***#!!!

:crap:

flydhest
09-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Uhh, gentlemen. That day has come and gone.

Serotta PETE
09-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Uhh, gentlemen. That day has come and gone.

BB Dave extended it with Sandy's permission............... :)

beungood
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :fight:

William
09-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Arrr! Tis right for the dirty scalliwags t' question arrr contin-yaed buccaneer banter....bucktoothed barnacles they be not withstanding. A right special tanks ta the crew fer tis pillagen adventure!

Red Flint Tom: The nasty-est pirate ever ta lay hands on a wench....(he ah, likes ta get his timber shivered :D )
Dirty Ethel Kidd: A sqware dealin pirate of ta higherest degree. Loyal ta tha bone (pour some rum on the bastard though...what a stink).
Black Jack Rackhem: A right good fighter this buccaneer be....when he's not sleepin it off with ta hogs.
Dirty Cap'n Stinger McBee!: Arrr, Dirty Cap'n McBee (stinger ta t wenches at ta Grimey Blubber ;) ), He be ta finest Cap'n ta ever sail the three seas (he dosn't like to venture ta far from the Grimey Blubber...the wenches ya know). Now if'n we could gets his parrot to say somtin other then "OUT YER BLOW HOLE".....
Dirty Jack Ratchem: Emphasizing ta word "DIRTY" ya better be. Wouldn't even let t' clean me buccaneering unmentionables, but when ta gaffen hooks are grabbin timber and the bildge rats are ready ta jump abourd, not a better man at your side could ya have.

Till next year then maties....ARRRRRR!!!!

Bloody William Flint

Batton yer hatches mates, me just recived word that Cap'n McKeon is hording a stash of vintage grog in the hold under his villa. To it mates! Grab yer cutlass & eye patches, ONE MORE ADVENTURE MATEIES!!! ARRRRRRR!!!! :banana:

george
09-21-2005, 05:19 AM
The great late Marco Pantani (IL PIRATA) (ELEFANTINO)

BumbleBeeDave
09-21-2005, 06:44 AM
Bes’ be careful, matey! I hears he be the meanest scalliwag o’ all!! :p :rolleyes: :beer: :banana: ;)

BBDave

Cadence230
09-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Aye Bloody Will me sir. Yer footloose n fancy free way wit da werds makes a old scabby such as me a bit teary eyed. I shall have ta find me a crow's nest fer a spell. Arrrr.

BumbleBeeDave
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
. . . Bloody Will be one o’ da finest wordsmiths a sailin’ da Spanish Main!

Ceptin’ I hear he really be from Pittsburgh!

Dirty Cap’n Stinger McBee