PDA

View Full Version : OT: Apt needed in DC for Sept-Dec

kgreene10
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I know this is a long-shot, but I have had such great luck with kind and helpful forumites, that I thought I would give it a try.

I need a 1 or 2BR furnished apartment in DC for Sept 1 through Dec 22 (or the end of Dec).

Please let me know if you have any leads. Thanks!

MattTuck
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I wonder what the dynamics are like in DC during the last quarter of an election year...

I'll ask my friends in DC if they know of anything.

ORMojo
06-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll check with my daughter. She is moving this weekend from her DC place to a new place in Ballston, and already has her DC place sublet through August. It just may be available starting September, or she may know of another one, given her network there.

Ken Robb
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I wonder what the dynamics are like in DC during the last quarter of an election year...

I'll ask my friends in DC if they know of anything.

I have heard that there is a lot of turnover before/after elections among staffers.

jlyon
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
They have Sublets/temporary or vacation rentals or just people looking to rent out rooms in their house.

MattTuck
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
yep. Homeaway and airbnb are two others that might be good. You said a 1 or 2 bedroom, so that may not be airbnb, but there's always a chance.

flydhest
06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Good blog to read in general:
http://www.princeofpetworth.com/

For your specific question

http://classifieds.princeofpetworth.com/category/sublets-shares/

kgreene10
06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am, of course, scouring the obvious sources including craigslist, airbnb, and sabbatical homes, but let me know if you have personal knowledge of a short-term rental that might our needs or if you have access to lesser known lists with offerings (i.e., neighborhood lists, government agencies, universities, etc.).

I'll be working on Pennsylvania Ave., and a short commute would be really nice, if possible.

Thanks!