PDA

View Full Version : Guerciotti Campagnolo Super Record Pantograph - Thinking about buying

nebraskacycling
06-20-2012, 08:40 AM
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/3077432456.html

Here is his listing. I just spoke with him on the phone. Someone offered him $400, but I think it will be worth more. I haven't had a chance to look at it to see if it is complete, but I would bet the rear derailleur, cranks, and brakes are worth that alone if they are super record. What do you guys/gals think? Is it worth going to look at today?

AgilisMerlin
06-20-2012, 08:43 AM
bring cash/checkbook

is it bonded/glued curious

a red bonded campy bike comes to mind. dunno why?

wish i was checking it out with you. sweet

redir
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
How can you sell something like that without pics nor listing the size? Anyway if it's in good shape then that's a good deal. I would expect it could sell for $8-900 possibly more depending on the condition. I've got an '82 Guerciotti with full NR and love the ride. Fun vintage bikes to have for sure. If you get it post pics :)

nebraskacycling
06-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Will do. I just spoke with him and he said it does not have any Pantagraphed components. Looking at ebay it looks like they don't go for a whole lot if they are not complete unless the frame is beautiful. He is sending me a few pictures and said it was 24 inches, so I assume 60 cm. He doesn't know much about it. If I talk to him again I will ask how he got it. Hopefully everything is original...

witcombusa
06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
'82 sr

nebraskacycling
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
That looks awesome. Talked to the guy again. He got it from a roommate who didn't pay rent one month and offered the bike instead. Sounds like he knows a bit about bikes in general, but not much about campy or anything older. The bars have been changed to flat bar and the front brake is gone. So no brake levers or front brake.

Here are the two pictures I got so far, but he is going to send me one of the other side.

http://i47.tinypic.com/nuzyq.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ev7ncx.jpg

Unless the parts are super record I can't see it being worth much more than $400 which is what someone else offered him. I'm not sure if it is even worth looking at. Thoughts?

velomateo
06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow, it's leaning against a DeLorean. No way is that bike worth $650. Guerciottti's just don't sell for that much. If it was in absolutely perfect condition, with a full panto SR group, he could get that. My opinion - he should have jumped at his first offer. I would offer $300-350 tops. Also the seat stays look a little bent near the brake bridge, but it just might be the picture.

LouDeeter
06-20-2012, 11:27 AM
That's a pretty beat up frame. I would confirm no dents if you are serious about it. Looks like it was basically made into a street bike, although the crankset appears to be Super Record. Hard to tell on the other parts, but not impressive, particularly if you have to pay shipping to get it. The seatstays in the picture look a bit funny too. They don't look straight at the brake bridge. Could just be the picture too, but I would want to put a straight edge on it to be sure.

LouDeeter
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Velomateo beat me to the punch on the seatstay. Glad to see we were both thinking the same thing.

redir
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh god no, take a pass on that bike. But iwonder how much he wants for the time machine?

nebraskacycling
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah and the front wheel looks like an oval. Thanks for your help everyone.

dbh
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
I cleared out a Guerciotti SLX frame in a more common size and in good condition a few years ago. Was happy to get $275 for it then.

jlwdm
06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
So no more photos in front of garage doors. New forum rule - all photos up against exotic cars.

Jeff

ultraman6970
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
If you noticed the rear seatstays are bent, that bike was badly crashed in the back. In parts you can get close to the 400 with some luck but that frame needs a lot of work. whats else is campagnolo besides the cranks and maybe a busted headset??

Good luck with this one.

That looks awesome. Talked to the guy again. He got it from a roommate who didn't pay rent one month and offered the bike instead. Sounds like he knows a bit about bikes in general, but not much about campy or anything older. The bars have been changed to flat bar and the front brake is gone. So no brake levers or front brake.

Here are the two pictures I got so far, but he is going to send me one of the other side.

http://i47.tinypic.com/nuzyq.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ev7ncx.jpg

Unless the parts are super record I can't see it being worth much more than $400 which is what someone else offered him. I'm not sure if it is even worth looking at. Thoughts?

AgilisMerlin
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
looks like the seatstays are squashed inward at brake bridge.

that bike is frickin' toasted........holy crap

that bike needs just to be given to someone, as in a peace offering. there is something very wrong with that picture. dunno