PDA

View Full Version : No TDF for Talansky and Phinney

Hawker
06-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Both of them still have a lot of years ahead of them...but too bad they won't race this year.

FlashUNC
06-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Phinney's got the Olympics games looming, and he just slogged through a tough Giro.

I can see why they're holding him out.

Fixed
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Phinney's got the Olympics games looming, and he just slogged through a tough Giro.

+1

Cheers

Viper
06-20-2012, 08:06 AM

+1

Let the kid go after gold, not yellow. I'd like to see him become a TT Jedi Knight/an improved climber. I ask a lot, but I am certain he's asking much more of himself.

AgilisMerlin
06-20-2012, 08:08 AM
phinney reminds me of hincapie.

bummer - wanted to see him riding it. motor pacing on lower slopes

Liv2RideHard
06-20-2012, 08:49 AM
phinney reminds me of hincapie.

bummer - wanted to see him riding it. motor pacing on lower slopes

Give the boy some time, we will see him in the Le Tour. Saw him in Italy last month. Awesome kid with so much potential. I would have liked to see him there too.

FlashUNC
06-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd like to see him win gold in the Olympic TT, and become the American Fabian Cancellara.

He'll never be light enough to haul over the big climbs. Better to try to soak up every classics and TT win around.

Elefantino
06-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Phinney: Like

Talansky: Love

MattTuck
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Both are young. Lots to learn still.

67-59
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Phinney: Like

Talansky: Love

As far as the grand tours, absolutely. Phinney will be a TT stud and get some classics and maybe tour stage wins, but Talansky seems to have the potential to contend for the GC someday.

MattTuck
06-20-2012, 12:59 PM
As far as the grand tours, absolutely. Phinney will be a TT stud and get some classics and maybe tour stage wins, but Talansky seems to have the potential to contend for the GC someday.

Weren't they saying the same thing about Tom Danielson? :rolleyes:

I'm a fan, but let's wait for some more substantial results before we call him a grand tour contender.

Bruce K
06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I believe Taylor is also riding in the US Pro Chalkenge / Tour of Colorado

BK

jet sanchez
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Geez, who is left now anyways? Is Hesjedal a likely contender?

67-59
06-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Weren't they saying the same thing about Tom Danielson? :rolleyes:

I'm a fan, but let's wait for some more substantial results before we call him a grand tour contender.

Agree. I said Talansky has the potential to contend for a grand tour someday, not that he will. Turning that potential into actually being a contender takes time, hard work and more than a little luck, like avoiding injuries and being on the right team at the right time.

Both Talansky and Van Garderen seem to have that potential, so let's hope one or both of them turn it into something.

LegendRider
06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Van Garderen and Talansky have loads of talent and I think one or both will get a GT podium sometime during their career. However, Joe Dombrowski is the young rider that really excites me.

oldpotatoe
06-21-2012, 07:37 AM

Taylor came in a few days after the end of the Giro and said he was suffering from 'Giro hangover'..First completed grand tour. I would have been surprised if he went to the TdF or any other grand tour this year(Vuelta). I doubt his parents would advise it either. 22 yr old, lotsa years ahead, no reason to cook him this early.