PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Grp rides in Maryland...

Tmogul
09-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I have a brother who lives in Laurel, Maryland. He has no clue about the local group rides that may be going on around where he lives. He points out that most cyclist wouldn't be caught dead riding in or around Laurel.....true? He's very busy during the week but was wondering if there were any weekly weekend grp rides. Also if you could give a basic description of what those rides are like in terms of terrain and pace.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

palincss
09-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I have a brother who lives in Laurel, Maryland. He has no clue about the local group rides that may be going on around where he lives. He points out that most cyclist wouldn't be caught dead riding in or around Laurel.....true? He's very busy during the week but was wondering if there were any weekly weekend grp rides. Also if you could give a basic description of what those rides are like in terms of terrain and pace.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

http://bikepptc.org

That's the URL of the Potomac Pedalers, a metro DC area bicycle club. We have rides in MD, VA and DC in a half a dozen different ride classes every weekend all year long. Just follow the links to see the ride schedule for the current and previous month.

Dekonick
09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah; Laurel sucks for riding.

Other options besides PPC - there is a grop ride every tuesday leaving from Prinston Sports in Coulumbia MD - times may change as daylight gets shorter...

Baltimore Bicycle Club (BBC) is another place to look.

Alot of peeps just ride in informal groups or just with a few friends (thats what I do - or ride solo alot. Solo just cuz I hate slowing others down...)