PDA

View Full Version : Campy 10s Chainrings

bikerboy337
06-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I just picked up a set of 10s campy chainrings... the 53t is like a champane color and says 10 s, campy EPS, but the 39t ring is more of a dull silver, definately a different color.

Is the any way to tell what "level" the rings are? I thought the record and chorus rings were teh same, and i'm thinking th3 53t is record/chorus, but wondering if the 39 t is a lesser quality....

Its tough to tell in the photo, but the 53 is definately a different color than the 39, which is a dull silver..

saab2000
06-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Who sold those to you? Were they sold as a set? The inner ring looks like one of the lower level stamped rings from Centaur or Veloce. The champagne rings were coated Record-level rings from about 10 years ago. Initially the coating would peel and chip off but later versions proved more durable.

That is most certainly not a matching set of rings.

FlashUNC
06-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Definitely different rings. The inner looks like Veloce, outer looks like a Record or Chorus ring.

Performance wise I doubt you'll notice a difference. But aesthetically I suppose it could be an issue.

Mike748
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
I agree with the other guys. The inner ring is a stamped Veloce part. That's the main difference. The Chorus/Record rings were fully machined and came in both silver and the champagne finish depending on year. The Veloce were stamped. Centaur are often the same as Chorus/Record. Mirage are usually black.

scooter
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Looks like 07 Centaur/pre07 Chorus for the outer with the Ultra Drive EPS labelling. Can't tell from pic but inner appears (as noted by the others) to be stamped and from different gruppo. 2007+ Carbon ultra Chorus/Record/Super rings are dull grey and machined. See pic for Record 10

oliver1850
06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Outer ring is 2006 Record/Chorus, at least that's the only year the catalogs show the "Ultradrive EPS" labels. There were seperate part numbers that year for Record and Chorus.

Inner could be Veloce as others have mentioned, but could also be post 2007 Centaur. 2007 Centaur UT still had the nicer machined rings. I have a new 2009 Centaur crank here. The inner ring is labeled "BREV CAMPAGNOLO" and "C10 39" centered between the chainring bolts. It has a grainy almost pebbled finish, compared to the outer ring which is also stamped but evidently sanded smooth before anodizing.

I also checked a new 2004 Veloce 10 crank. That inner ring appears very similar the the 2009 Centaur, but adds "MADE IN ITALY" between another pair of chainring bolts. After looking through the catalogs, I see that the made in Italy designation disappeard when the Ultratorque cranks were introduced in 2007.

After viewing your picture again, I believe that's a 2004 Veloce inner ring. Other years of Veloce 10 said "10 SPEED EXA DRIVE", while 2004 said only "10 SPEED".

ultraman6970
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
The internal one is stamped, is not forged. low end stuff or maybe one of the new centaurs.