PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a somber ride

fourflys
06-18-2012, 06:03 PM
So as my rides in San Diego get fewer, I decided to do one of my favorites that goes past Lake Hodges where I can get a bit of dirt in as well...

I decided to ride out past the memorial that was put where the search team found the body of Chelsea King a couple years ago after she was brutally murdered while running on the path around the lake... This would be my last chance to say a prayer and goodbye... the same monster that took Chelsea also took another local girl named Amber Dubois and murdered her as well... If you want more info, just google "Chelsea King San Diego" or "Amber Dubois Escondido"...

Needless to say it was a somber ride home... I couldn't tell if it was sweat in my eyes or something else today... If you are so moved, there is the Chelsea King Foundation: http://www.chelseaslight.org/

God Bless you sweet girls, you've earned your eternal rest... :(

http://threeflys.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/i-rMrt8BQ/0/L/IMG2835-L.jpg

Fixed
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Sad story nice bike new adventures await you I envy you
Cheers :)

Viper
06-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Damn those are two horrible events. So many sick people on the planet...very sad.

Where you going that SD is of the past?

fourflys
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Damn those are two horrible events. So many sick people on the planet...very sad.

thanks and you are right...

we are headed North to Alaska... I'll be up there for 3 yrs with the Coast Guard... should be a good time!

2LeftCleats
06-19-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure "hakkalugi" conveys the emotion you intended.

Keith A
06-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure "hakkalugi" conveys the emotion you intended.Not unless it is directed the "monster" who took their lives.

Johnnyg
06-19-2012, 04:56 PM

He probably got a slap on the wrist in California with all the lefties making the laws.

fourflys
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
He probably got a slap on the wrist in California with all the lefties making the laws.

I don't think you mean to, but please DO NOT turn this political...

this is about the memory of two young girls taken way too soon and in a brutal, sadistic way...

Keith A
06-19-2012, 07:39 PM
He probably got a slap on the wrist in California with all the lefties making the laws.Life without any chance of parole.