PDA

View Full Version : Horner's going

tv_vt
06-18-2012, 04:24 PM
to the Tour! http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-chosen-for-radioshack-nissan-tour-de-france-team

Cool!

jr59
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
:hello:

dave thompson
06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Good on him! Hoping he'll do well. He's sort of the American Jens Voight.

Z3c
06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey, I got a last minute invitation for the first sailing of this new ship called the Titanic....

Wonder if Chris can swim??

rwsaunders
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Must've been the Doan's pills...:cool:

Viper
06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Dear Paceline Forum Members,

Talk about drama. This redneck didn't grow up with no cable tv and didn't endure the soap opera channel, but lately, I've been living it. The only thing tougher than a redneck is the moonshine in his (or her) bottle, so don't you count me out just yet. Dope? Lance? Wimps from Luxembourg, a place I can't find on the map and Campy vs Shimano, I got no time for; folks it's gitty'up time and I'm going to France to whip some mofo arses!

Thank you for your internet support, tweets, emails and good vibes.

xxxooo
Chris Horner

:beer:

estilley
06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
but what about Linus Gerdemann?!
http://www.bicycle.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/corvos_gerdemann_show_his_joy_in_germany.jpg

Earl Gray
06-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Sweet! One of the few reasons to watch the Tour this year.

harryblack
06-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Excellent news (really).

Even if Horner is a Lance apologist and Voight was a huge doper, neither of those things bother me in the slightest.

Good on him! Hoping he'll do well. He's sort of the American Jens Voight.

MattTuck
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
This thing was bungled almost as bad as La Vie Claire's 1985 Tour team.

It'll be a wonder if RadioShack wins ANYTHING or makes it to the podium.

Fivethumbs
06-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone who is a fan of Horner's should get the DVD, "The Hard Road".

oldpotatoe
06-19-2012, 07:58 AM
to the Tour! http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-chosen-for-radioshack-nissan-tour-de-france-team

Cool!

Now we'll see if the TdF excludes the whole team, ala Astana.

Fixed
06-19-2012, 08:01 AM
R.s. let's see their best are forty or near
Masters team. I may have to cheer them on .
Cheers

laupsi
06-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Sweet! One of the few reasons to watch the Tour this year.

sorry to stomp on the holy grail but you really think CH is going to be a factor?

soulspinner
06-19-2012, 08:55 AM
sorry to stomp on the holy grail but you really think CH is going to be a factor?

Did you think Voeckler would wear yellow so long or finish 4rth last year? He prolly wont be but its nice to think about.

laupsi
06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Did you think Voeckler would wear yellow so long or finish 4rth last year? He prolly wont be but its nice to think about.

good point but I have seen TV in yellow prior to and have yet to see Horner play a critical roll in the tour to date. allow me to add, he ain't no JV either and he's 40 yrs old.

harryblack
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I think, if he's really in best form (re: back and whatever else), Chris could be more of a factor than, say, Tom Danielson has been or ever will be.

As for Voeckler, let me reiterate that, contrary to popular belief, he's really an UNDERACHIEVER.

Which is to say if he could climb like that last year, *** has he been doing in the past? There are a few reasonable answers (Floyd Landis ball patch among 'em) but...

No amount of "willpower" or "yellow wings" can make you hang when every past indication is that you'd be dropped.

good point but I have seen TV in yellow prior to and have yet to see Horner play a critical roll in the tour to date. allow me to add, he ain't no JV either and he's 40 yrs old.

Earl Gray
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM

I'm quite sure he will have a bigger impact on the Tour than you will.

laupsi
06-19-2012, 10:11 AM

ouch, ease up, didn't know my response was personal

cfox
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
That makes a lot of sense. It's ok to talk about pro athletes. Seriously. It's their job to be watched/picked over/talked about. It's kinda the point of the whole thing. I love these comments; "well he's faster than you!!" whenever anyone is critical of a pro. We know that, but it's still ok. Really. I love Horner, but I'm with Laupsi in thinking he will be a non-factor.

laupsi
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
That makes a lot of sense. It's ok to talk about pro athletes. Seriously. It's their job to be watched/picked over/talked about. It's kinda the point of the whole thing. I love these comments; "well he's faster than you!!" whenever anyone is critical of a pro. We know that, but it's still ok. Really. I love Horner, but I'm with Laupsi in thinking he will be a non-factor.

actually my response should have been, "what's your point?"

Cheers!

PQJ
06-19-2012, 10:34 AM
The Earl has a habit of making things personal, even when they're not. I don't know why. I think he should stop assuming that if you don't "love" Lance, you therefore "hate" him (and, by extension, what he has done for cancer).

Back to the topic at hand: Horner may be American, and may be a genuinely nice guy, but his palmares are pretty thin. Not so with Voeckler, and it isn't a fair comparison. Let's not forget that were it not for Mandy's injury and Lance's latest saga, Horner would still be off the team.

soulspinner
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM

He hasnt played a critical role except to help others win/place, so he never went for it. This year hard to say if any of his team(if they are allowed to be there) can be a legit GC contender. Just sayin. Remember When Lance was down over 30 minutes due to a break in a thunderstorm. Anything could happen.........

Hawker
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Great news, I guess Johann read my email. :)

So can Horner ride the TDF and the Olympics? Do the dates overlap?

Fixed
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
i am hoping a young new face appears and shakes thing up a bit
three weeks is a long time to be forty but i will cheer them on
cheers :)

bheight1
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Now we'll see if the TdF excludes the whole team, ala Astana.

This will be announced on 6/29

Wilkinson4
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
actually my response should have been, "what's your beef?"

Fixed it. Wait, is El Beefo riding? Nevermind. Horner is awesome. The guy turns himself inside out.

mIKE

Viper
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I will not be shocked to see Horner wearing yellow in week two.

christian
06-20-2012, 05:24 AM
And Fuglsang is staying home. Seriously, this is no way to run a team. RSNT will be a non-factor if they're even allowed to start.

FlashUNC
06-20-2012, 07:20 AM
As for Voeckler, let me reiterate that, contrary to popular belief, he's really an UNDERACHIEVER.

Which is to say if he could climb like that last year, *** has he been doing in the past? There are a few reasonable answers (Floyd Landis ball patch among 'em) but...

No amount of "willpower" or "yellow wings" can make you hang when every past indication is that you'd be dropped.

Pierre Rolland had a fair bit to do with that. Always nice when a teammate is one of the world's best climbers and can tow and defend you in the mountains.