PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Ride Century Westport CT

Retinadoc
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I am considering losing my Century virginity on this ride. Do any board members have experience with the route? No problem with several metric centurys to date, but the big 100 makes me a little nervous.

Jeff Weir
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
The Harvest ride is one of the prettiest rides around these parts. The course is fairly easy, with a few challenging hills thrown in here and there. Good supprt (food/rest areas), easy route to follow. The first time I rode it was in the rain...all 100 miles of it!

Look at it this way, if I can do it, anybody can!

Jeff

Kevan
09-16-2005, 02:40 AM
it was annoying... Jeff follow us in his car.

Good luck to you folks doing this wonderful ride, it being the autumn sister to the Bloomin' Metric, it's short history has only meant rain is included free of charge.

Sorry I'm missing it this year.

ClutchCargo
09-16-2005, 08:37 AM
The Harvest ride is one of the prettiest rides around these parts. The course is fairly easy, with a few challenging hills thrown in here and there. Good supprt (food/rest areas), easy route to follow. The first time I rode it was in the rain...all 100 miles of it!

Look at it this way, if I can do it, anybody can!

Jeff

Jeff's comments. One nice aspect of this ride (and the Bloomin' Metric) is that you ride away from the Sound during the first half of the ride, so most of the elevation gains are during that part and the second half is generally downhill. it's a well run event and a nice time (excluding the rain).

ride on!