PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Project Rx

Tony T
06-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Has anyone used Rudy Project Rx sunglasses.
I'm slightly nearsighted, and only use Rx when driving so I can see the signs :)
For cycling, my eyesight is good enough that I can get away with regular glasses, but I'm considering getting the Rudy Rx insert.
Comments/Suggestions appreciated.

Tony

Lovetoclimb
06-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I liked them. Had the Rydon with the insert, which I just sold to a forumite. Good deal for the money and it was cheap for fill my insert ($50). Wanted to get back to contact lenses when we got a team deal on Oakleys otherwise I would have continued using them for riding and running.

Bruce K
06-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I use Rudy Project Rydons with Rx lenses from Sports Optical in Denver, CO. One pair with Polarized and one pair with transition (no good for driving).

I can't stand the inserts.

This has been discussed here a bunch of times so I would suggest doing a search of the forum for lots of good info.

BK

jumpjube
06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Like BK, I opted for Rx lenses (polarized) in my Rudy Project frames.
But I liked the Ekynox better than the Rydon model.

Worked with Sports Optical, too. Great customer service. They can send you a couple of frames to try on for fit. If you go with Rx lenses rather than inserts, you mark the clear lens on the frame you pick, then send it back for them to grind the lenses.

I use these frames for all my cycling, as well as for other outdoor activities.
Pricey perhaps, but worth it to me.

Tony T
06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. A lot of positive comments for Sports Optical, I'll give them a call soon.

Also searched the forum (:)) and found http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=9740

kgreene10
06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I just tried a pair of Rydons with the idea of getting RX but the stock frame and lens felt amazingly heavy. I was really surprised and can't imagine riding with them for 3+ hours.

christian
06-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I had a pair of Ekynox from Sports Optical. Bret is the man.

sjbraun
06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
I have two pairs of RP rx sunglasses. Both work quite nicely. I'm slightly less happy with my Rydenbase pair. They let a lot of wind hit my eyes on high speed descents, causing my eyes to tear. Since I bought the Rudens for commuting (transitions lenses,) it's not a big problem. I do not have those issues with my Ketyums.

dukeisno1
06-19-2012, 10:50 PM
I've had both Rudy Project and Oakley interchangeable Rx sunglasses. Liked them both, however the tabs that held them in place failed around 3 years of use.

If your Rx is stable, I would think about direct in frame or Oakley Jawbone sunglasses.

Louis
06-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I have some Rudy Project RB3's purchased from Sports Optical. I've been quite happy with them. The flip-up option makes it a lot easier to clean both the Rx and the shading lenses, and when I get home a bit too long after sunset it gives me a few more minutes of decent vision.