PDA

View Full Version : Well, since I couldn't afford Atanz's Look 585...I bought this KG 271 instead.

4Rings6Stars
06-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I was scanning ebay for 1" carbon forks this afternoon and this popped up. Made an offer and bought it for $250 with free shipping.

Worst case scenario: I paid too much for an Ouzo Pro fork and headset.

Best case: The frame checks out to be structurally sound, I repaint it, source ANOTHER 1" fork, and have the lugged carbon Look I wanted at a fraction of the cost.

Question: Seller states the crank is a carbon Campagnolo but it doesn't look like any Campy crank I've ever seen. Sounds like he just read the markings off the chainrings. Any idea what the crank actually is? Looks super long...

Anybody ever have one of these frames or have any opinions on it, good or bad?

Ebay listing here: I can't figure out how to imbed ebay pics into this thread...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120930008455&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:US:1123

thwart
06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Frame---very good riding frame, although well used

Crank---looks like some other off-brand carbon spider with 110 spacing and Campy chainrings

I'd say you done good. :)

bluesea
06-16-2012, 05:00 PM
The horizontal TT Looks are sweet.

ultraman6970
06-16-2012, 05:07 PM
That frame needs to be stripped and refinished, is really beat up man.

Hope is solid under the paint.

4Rings6Stars
06-16-2012, 05:33 PM
That frame needs to be stripped and refinished, is really beat up man.

Hope is solid under the paint.

I bought it for the fork, so like I said in my original post...not much to lose if it's not solid. This frame will likely be a winter project to strip, assess for damage, then repaint myself if the frame checks out.

ultraman6970
06-16-2012, 06:18 PM
True :) i have done stuff like that. Usually the bike ends in my friends hands almost for free, because recover the paint $ and the time spent while restoring will be impossible.

4Rings6Stars
06-16-2012, 06:28 PM
True :) i have done stuff like that. Usually the bike ends in my friends hands almost for free, because recover the paint $ and the time spent while restoring will be impossible.

I'm not hoping to recover any time or money. The rest of my time is spent worrying about things like that. Bike time is for fun and relaxation. I like to buy and build bikes almost as much as I like to ride them... and there is a good chance I'll end up giving it away. My last three builds ended up that way (two very grateful, jobless friends now have sweet bikes).

wc1934
06-16-2012, 06:56 PM
250 including shipping - I'd say you got a good deal - as you said, that is what you'd pay for just the fork - if the frame is ok then you got a real sweet deal.
When it arrives, let us know how it look(s) - couldn't resist.