PDA

View Full Version : Internet purchasing/where to find

1happygirl
06-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey Guys (and Gals)

First, Thanks for all the advice over the years (I do listen and take to heart what ya'll say ---don't listen to my parents saying otherwise LOL)

anyway, where is a good place to order a lezyne pump? since I'm weak I'm gonna try a micro floor drive hpg. Before you say Lezyne as an obvious, looks like they are not giving me that option of the one with the gauge.

Also, if anyone remembers a thread asking about a special replacement chuck for the end that was more useful can you also incl. that? For some reason my Paceline will not let me search back more than a year.
Time for a new Apple

Tony T
06-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Got mine at Amazon.com

Bruce K
06-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Excel Sports - Boulder, CO

Maybe not the cheapest but definitely competitive pricing and great service

BK

ultraman6970
06-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Girl if you are talking about inflating presta tires then i would say just any descent floor pump that you could find and change the chuck for a silca presta chuck.

The secret is in the chuck and pretty much IMO eventhought many here might argue with me, the silca presta chuck is the most simple and most serviceable chuck ever created. Has only one part that takes maybe 10 years or more to be ready for replacement. All of the other designs have plastic parts and stuff inside that at the end will give away.

As for your strength, well... you have two options, or eat more cereal in the mornings or improve your inflating technique. Have seen 6 feet tall guys struggling with a pump more than nothing because they had no clue what they were doing, besides the pump was horrible.

My advice ok? Get a pump with a big base, why? because you can put your weight over it. basically you hold the pump with one feet, then you pump down putting your weight in the lever, like going down all together using your weight.

If you are going to use your arms to go down no matter what you get after 80 pounds will be hard to get down no matter what pump you have in there.

Louis
06-16-2012, 05:16 PM
QBike.com (http://www.qbike.com/) is a useful search tool.

They don't have have all the mail-order outfits, but they have quite a few. It should get you started.

moodster
06-16-2012, 05:22 PM
In the past I have ordered straight from lezyne. Possibly still can?

SteveV0983
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Real Cyclist has it and you can pick the one with the gauge in the drop down.

http://www.realcyclist.com/lezyne-micro-floor-drive-high-volume-pump

wc1934
06-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Real Cyclist has it and you can pick the one with the gauge in the drop down.

http://www.realcyclist.com/lezyne-micro-floor-drive-high-volume-pump
+1 on real cyclist - give them a call and see what they suggest - I have not bought a ton of stuff from them, but they have been pretty good with service, sales and returns.

pinkshogun
06-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm a 150 pound weakling and i can get my tires up around 100 pounds with the Mini Morph. it has a little fold out foot base, hose attachment, fold out T- handle and easily fits behind the seat tube on all my steel bikes

Liv2RideHard
06-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Give the guys at Lezyne a call. They actually answer when you call and you can chat with a real human. They are super cool and super helpful. Explain to them what it is you are trying to accomplish and they will help you sort it out.

bking
06-17-2012, 08:56 AM
cut the chuck off the lezyne and if you could find a hirame (don't think they're made anymore) if not tanaka makes one similar. Excel may have them. Push it on and secure with a hose clamp.

mvrider
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
They have some Lezynes on sale.

jlwdm
06-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Also, if anyone remembers a thread asking about a special replacement chuck for the end that was more useful can you also incl. that? For some reason my Paceline will not let me search back more than a year.
Time for a new Apple

Here is your prior thread with some chuck suggestions.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=106219&highlight=lezyne

Jeff