PDA

View Full Version : OT? Where can I get these TDF aerodynamic glasses?

monkeybanana86
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I want to improve on my time

Louis
06-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Only if they already call you the "The Professor."

monkeybanana86
06-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Only if they already call you the "The Professor."

I have so much to learn...

esldude
06-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Actually, that is the tour Fignon lost to Lemond by 8 seconds. Lemond used aerobars and Fignon did not. He also used an aero helmet and Fignon used a pony tail. Calculations estimate if he had used an aero helmet in that time trial it would have made about the 8 seconds difference he lost by. So you don't want to emulate Fignon.

If you haven't read Fignon's book, you owe it to yourself. Very good book.

monkeybanana86
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Actually, that is the tour Fignon lost to Lemond by 8 seconds. Lemond used aerobars and Fignon did not. He also used an aero helmet and Fignon used a pony tail. Calculations estimate if he had used an aero helmet in that time trial it would have made about the 8 seconds difference he lost by. So you don't want to emulate Fignon.

I just read this on wikipedia and laughed out loud:

"It was calculated afterwards that if Fignon had cut off his ponytail, he would have reduced his drag that much that he would have won the Tour. "

I also heard this was when Lemond used the coca cola shim!

Thanks for the rec.

Fixed
06-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Coke can shims have seen a lot of duty
Cheers

Ti Designs
06-16-2012, 12:44 AM
"It was calculated afterwards that if Fignon had cut off his ponytail, he would have reduced his drag that much that he would have won the Tour. "

I cut off my ponytail and it didn't make me any faster...

oldpotatoe
06-16-2012, 08:05 AM

Losing may have 'something' to do with Fignon having huge infected saddle sore...as well.

I think Lemond would have won even if he was equipped just like Fignon.

Tony T
06-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Or if he had the "B-12" shots that LeMond had injected in his butt. ;)
(in other words, Fignon would have won if lemond didn't cheat)

leftyfreak
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I cut off my ponytail and it didn't make me any faster...

But then you reattached it to your helmet. Did you do any rides after cutting it off and before sticking it on to your helmet? That would be the real test.

Ti Designs
06-16-2012, 11:39 AM
So you're saying I would win the tour if I got a new helmet and attached pony tails to everyone else's helmet? I think I just figured out what to do with all that hair Liz leaves in the shower...