PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Selections

firerescuefin
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/farrar-horner-stevens-highlight-u-s-olympic-road-team_224223

DZ snubbed...Phinney and Horner in. Farrar will bring us home well out of the medals and will whine about something/someone.:help:

Bruce K
06-15-2012, 05:53 PM
But the selections avoid anything to do with the "Old Guard" and any possible connection to LA

BK

MorganColeman
06-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Who would you pick to replace Farrar?

firerescuefin
06-15-2012, 05:59 PM
But the selections avoid anything to do with the "Old Guard" and any possible connection to LA

BK

Who would you pick to replace Farrar?

It's a sprinter's course....so not many other choices. I still hate the way he rides and complains....rarely owning the result. Lots of talking...3rd tier results

MorganColeman
06-15-2012, 06:12 PM
I am a bit surprised at our rather limited pool of US sprinters in the top pro ranks. Just an observation, not a knock on Farrar. He's one of the best/better ones. But outside of him, there doesn't seem to be many on his wing. This is surprising, given the U.S. style of amateur racing, where a strong sprint gets you pretty far (lots of 4-corner crits, flat road races, limited mountainous stage races like you see in Europe.) On the flip side, we have a good number of budding and past champions in stage races. They're certainly not learning the ropes in the U.S. The Olympics may be a slam dunk for Cav--but I do hope the course is selective enough to make him really work for it. Seems like the ideal course for an Olympics RR should suit the true all-rounder.

Fixed
06-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Sometimes young guys legs can do amazing thing when it comes to win or lose
It will be fun
Cheers

Jason E
06-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I like Dave Z alot, but am very happy about Taylor.

If we do not medal in the London RR, I think we are ALL at least in for a great one day race. If the current WC wins, that's some real respect for the jersey.

Love the sport, looking forward to the next couple of months. Helps us get past the nonsense.

bozman
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Sometimes young guys legs can do amazing thing when it comes to win or lose
It will be fun
Cheers

agreed.

love Tyler's shades, too.

gianni
06-16-2012, 09:41 AM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/farrar-horner-stevens-highlight-u-s-olympic-road-team_224223

DZ snubbed...Phinney and Horner in. Farrar will bring us home well out of the medals and will whine about something/someone.:help:

BK

I agree that DZ was completely snubbed --nothing against Taylor, but DZ crushed the long TOC ITT and deserved selection.

Funny about Farrar....

Horner is "Old Guard" and seems like an odd choice considering the course for the RR.

MattTuck
06-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Not sure of the logic to select Horner other than he won the US premier event ToC the last time an american won it... and he's the leading American based on UCI points. But it doesn't seem like the course suits him. I think it would have been more of a snub to Horner by excluding him, than it is to DZ to exclude him.

Seems to me that DZ, Andrew Talansky or Tejay Van Garderen would have been good choices as well.

Bruce K
06-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Tejay WAS picked for the team.:rolleyes:

BK