PDA

View Full Version : oh my .....

TMB
06-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I was doing some searching for something specific over on MTBR.

Came across this thread, the pictures (some of them) are just astounding.

What is worse, most of this stuff is literally right in my back yard.

http://forums.mtbr.com/western-canada/kootenay-trip-09-photo-heavy-558923.html

AngryScientist
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
this is too cool, some great photos and looks like great adventuring!

http://photos.nsmb.com/files/5/2/aug09_310__medium.jpg

ORMojo
06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
What is better, most of this stuff is literally right in my back yard.

FTFY

Not in my back yard, but with family in Seattle, Vancouver BC, and Montana, and a road trip later this summer that is intended to touch base with all of them, this would make for an interesting addition to the loop.

TMB
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
FTFY

Not in my back yard, but with family in Seattle, Vancouver BC, and Montana, and a road trip later this summer that is intended to touch base with all of them, this would make for an interesting addition to the loop.

Well, worst in that it is right out my back door and I have ridden in those areas, best in that it is right outside my back door so easy for me to get to to go and ride.

I have been so focussed on skinny tires and riding my Gand Fondii that I have not been riding the fat tires, or looking for places to ride the fat tires.

I think that may change, soon.

jmoore
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
If I had terrain and trails like that near me, it might make me ride my mtb more.

Very nice!

spacemen3
06-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Man, that looks like an absolute blast!

TMB
06-15-2012, 03:49 PM
If I had terrain and trails like that near me, it might make me ride my mtb more.

Very nice!

I'm getting so much crap from a guy we both know about riding something with funny looking fat tires that I'm afraid to go near it.

He keeps telling me it's a fad.

I should be out riding those trails. I'm going to be driving through Revelstoke in a few days, maybe I should bring the MTB with me?

jmoore
06-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm getting so much crap from a guy we both know about riding something with funny looking fat tires that I'm afraid to go near it.

He keeps telling me it's a fad.

I should be out riding those trails. I'm going to be driving through Revelstoke in a few days, maybe I should bring the MTB with me?

LOL! Don't get on his bad side. He'll try and take us up Father Kino again next March "just for fun" :)

When we were hiking in the San Juans I kept seeing the bike trail signs and wishing I had my Stumpjumper with me. I say if you have that stuff close by, then it would be a shame to miss it. Fads can be fun sometimes, esp. if in involves building up a new bike (deKerf correct?)

TMB
06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
LOL! Don't get on his bad side. He'll try and take us up Father Kino again next March "just for fun" :)

When we were hiking in the San Juans I kept seeing the bike trail signs and wishing I had my Stumpjumper with me. I say if you have that stuff close by, then it would be a shame to miss it. Fads can be fun sometimes, esp. if in involves building up a new bike (deKerf correct?)

DeKerf steel hardtail!!

TMB
06-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Sunny Friday afternoon ...

zmudshark
06-16-2012, 05:41 AM
You're gonna poke your eye out!

Louis
06-16-2012, 05:52 AM
I decided a long time ago that when mountain-biking the highs are higher and the lows are lower compared to riding on the road. I decided to stick to the road.

There are what I'm told are some pretty cool trails about 45 minutes ride (by road bike) from my house. I ride by the trail head all the time on some of my road routes. If they were closer I might ride over on the MTB and do them every now and then, but I'm not interested enough to put the bike in the car and drive over.

Gummee
06-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Mtn biking and road biking complement each other nicely. :nod If I didn't have to drive to go mtn biking, I'd go a lot more often.

...but I hate driving to go riding!

M