PDA

View Full Version : Horner may have plenty of Radioshack company watching the Tour with him

firerescuefin
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
RadioShack to miss Tour de France? — RMC Sport

RadioShack-Nissan could be the first casualty of the USADA investigation into Lance Armstrong. According to RMC Sport, Tour de France organizer ASO could ban the squad due to ethical violations. Team manager Johan Bruyneel and a team doctor have been implicated in the USADA investigation.

“Management does not comment on the pending case since, at present, this is just the opening of an investigation, we have been told,” said Tour director Christian Prudhomme to RMC Sport. “No statement will be made ​​as regarding Armstrong, Bruyneel and RadioShack. If a decision should be made, it would be under the auspices and under the rules of the UCI.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/news/newswire-radioshack-could-be-banned-from-tour-armstrong-questions-answered_224067

ultraman6970
06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I was thinking that this could happen yesterday night.

Well, wonder if as in soccer, riders can be borrowed to other teams??? Sure everybody will bid for cancelara.

This sh..t is going to get nasty ugly, sure now sponsors are going to pull out or something.

The only thing i would love to be fixed is why they went so hard on the kaiser and the chicken (he did not fail tests so far i know, he was screwing a chick) and even doesn't surprise me that in those 2 cases the UCI is involved also.

ASO and UCI will look like cr@p aswell, big chance they wont help and wash their hands to save their necks.

cmg
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
i would imagine RadioShack will fold the team as a result. Armstrong won't be convicted of anything though.................

ultraman6970
06-14-2012, 03:04 PM
He will die before admitting that is true, the Spaniards will die in denial or they will go for long vacations to do not answer. As for JB is better for him to stay in Europe.

MattTuck
06-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Train wreck. this is classic.

Two people that are looking very smart right now. Taylor Phinney, as he opted to sign with BMC instead of RadioShack and Levi, who left at what seems to be the perfect time.

I feel bad for Fabian. He's one of the good guys.

PQJ
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I feel bad for Fabian. He's one of the good guys.

I used to think so too, until he went to layOHpard with the Schleck sisters.

David Kirk
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
The entire team is coming over to my house to have clenbuterol tainted BBQ and watch endless episodes of "The look back".

Everyone's welcome. Bring your own Whiskey. Floyd drank all mine.

Dave

ultraman6970
06-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I have some spanish meat too, pretty good!!!

Fixed
06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Festina again
Cheers

harlond
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
It's one thing to ban Bruyneel and other named respondents. But I don't see why they would go after riders not implicated at all in the investigation. Well, other than idiotic PR reasons.

firerescuefin
06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
It's one thing to ban Bruyneel and other named respondents. But I don't see why they would go after riders not implicated at all in the investigation. Well, other than idiotic PR reasons.

There has been precedent for this....like the Astana team that was banned despite all new management and riders...not surprising at all.

Elefantino
06-14-2012, 08:20 PM
The entire team is coming over to my house to have clenbuterol tainted BBQ and watch endless episodes of "The look back".

Dave
I'll bring the syringes.

tuxbailey
06-14-2012, 09:27 PM
If you all get bored, I can bring some reading materials since we have been learning that it is really not about the bike :p

esldude
06-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Wish I had something witty to say. But I would sure like to be at the party at Dave's house.

As mentioned, it really isn't about the bike.

eippo1
06-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Wish I had something witty to say. But I would sure like to be at the party at Dave's house.

As mentioned, it really isn't about the bike.

Ditto here, was just in Bozeman last week. I'll be the guy driving Jan's crashed Porche all hopped up on coke.

David Kirk
06-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Ditto here, was just in Bozeman last week. I'll be the guy driving Jan's crashed Porche all hopped up on coke.

Were you really here? If so shame on you for not stopping by.

I'll leave the light on for you.

dave

choke
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM

Dave Mmmmmm....BBQ. I have plenty of whisky and I'm only a couple of hours away. Let me know when the party is and I'll be there. :D

1happygirl
06-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Ya'll know I'm a disillusioned ex lance fangirl but this seems too easy.
But why now? American team (RS) and LA competing in French race within the month.
Come on. I'm no Lance lover but seems a lot of hating at an inopportune time. Or if you're French, opportune.

Question is, why is the USada hating on one of their own?

lovethesport
06-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Dave

If I came I would be a buzz kill... I would demand my $250 back from Floyd and his defense fund.

PaulE
06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
if I bring my Chimeric twin?

Dave

PQJ
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Ya'll know I'm a disillusioned ex lance fangirl but this seems too easy.
But why now? American team (RS) and LA competing in French race within the month.
Come on. I'm no Lance lover but seems a lot of hating at an inopportune time. Or if you're French, opportune.

Question is, why is the USada hating on one of their own?

Maybe 'cos he's a doping cheat.

cmg
06-15-2012, 02:12 PM
"Question is, why is the USada hating on one of their own?" to prove their unbiased and to legitimize their influence on the current peleton.

eippo1
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Were you really here? If so shame on you for not stopping by.

I'll leave the light on for you.

dave

A visit to your shop was actually on my agenda, but I ended up spending more time with my nieces instead. No offense, but they're way cuter. Next time I'm around (next summer actually), I'll stop by.

54ny77
06-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't know why the USDA is going after Lance. Shouldn't they be focusing on ensuring a safe beef supply in the country?

It's so confusing....

http://www.hcc-grassfed-beef.com/HCC/USDA.bmp

soulspinner
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Dave

:)

bozman
06-15-2012, 03:41 PM

Dave

love it! should be quite the party.

bozman
06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
did Dave just set the record for "most often quoted in a single thread?" I did my part...

David Kirk
06-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Dave

I quoted me to put it over the edge.

dave

Elefantino
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I quoted me to put it over the edge.

dave
If you quote Dave quoting Dave, does that get you extra points?

67-59
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM

Dave

I just quoted Dave 'cuz it seems like the thing all the cool kids are doing.

And I'll definitely stop by if/when I'm ever in Bozeman.

pablo pinchasso
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Horner chosen for RadioShack-Nissan Tour de France team
By: Cycling NewsPublished: June 18, 19:09, Updated: June 18, 19:11Race:Tour de France

American a surprise addition after being left off long list

American Chris Horner will be a part of the RadioShack-Nissan team for the Tour de France after all. The squad announced its nine riders for the race, which begins on June 30 in Liège, Belgium today.

Horner was initially left off the RadioShack-Nissan long team for the Tour after he decided to skip both the Critérium du Dauphiné and Tour de Suisse, two important preparation races for the Grand Tour, because he was lacking form after taking time to rehabilitate a back injury.

Last week he told Cyclingnews that his back was fully healed and he was sending his training files to the team directors as proof that he is ready for the Tour.

In addition to Horner, the team will be represented by Fabian Cancellara, Tony Gallopin, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Yaroslav Popovych, Fränk Schleck, Jens Voigt and Haimar Zubeldia.

Since newly declared 2010 Tour de France champion Andy Schleck is out of the race with a fractured sacrum, sustained during the Critérium du Dauphiné, and his brother Fränk is declining the role as leader citing fatigue after his second place in the Tour de Suisse, Horner could be one of the team's GC leaders for the Tour de France.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-chosen-for-radioshack-nissan-tour-de-france-team

Fixed
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Horner [LEFT][/LEFT,]he seems to have fun when he races .
Unleash the old guys for stage wins I say
If they get to race in the tour
Cheers :)

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
. . . Grandpa Chris kicks all their butts!

BBD