PDA

View Full Version : Wake me when it's over

tv_vt
06-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Can we just have a news blackout until this latest Armstrong stuff is over? I'm sick of it already.

You look at any cycling website and that's all you see.

Just wake me up when it's over and tell me who won, OK? I can't take any more of this stuff.

Thanks. Just had to get that off my chest...

Viper
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I'll have a Ride Report tomorrow. It will be drug-free. All you can do is avoid the drama, soap opera, rock operas, Disco radio satellite stations, losers, dirtbags, mouth-breathers, liars, potholes, glass on the road and enjoy life, living and exercise.

Here, this will make you feel different, if not better:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3a7lsEgFM

I had a really big thing for Markie Post. The USADA can't ruin a race, history or make them better, either.

:beer:

norcalbiker
06-14-2012, 10:31 AM
can we just have a news blackout until this latest armstrong stuff is over? I'm sick of it already.

Just wake me up when it's over and tell me who won, ok? I can't take any more of this stuff.

+1

chwupper
06-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I'll have a Ride Report tomorrow. It will be drug-free. All you can do is avoid the drama, soap opera, rock operas, Disco radio satellite stations, losers, dirtbags, mouth-breathers, liars, potholes, glass on the road and enjoy life, living and exercise.

Here, this will make you feel different, if not better:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3a7lsEgFM

I had a really big thing for Markie Post. The USADA can't ruin a race, history or make them better, either.

Heather Thomas in that bikini.... taking me back to my youth.

And can we give props to Lee Majors for singing his own theme music?

russ46
06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Can we just have a news blackout until this latest Armstrong stuff is over? I'm sick of it already.

Just wake me up when it's over and tell me who won, OK? I can't take any more of this stuff.

+2..........and this applies to all sports. Its a game for god's sake! If the bureaucrats want to do something constructive, concentrate on cleaning up the present and future and quit wasting time on history.

charliedid
06-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Don't read it...

MattTuck
06-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Just back from my lunch ride, up Steven's from Etna and onto Sunset Rock. I don't do that area much, but man, what a view. Go up there and I feel like I'm about a thousand miles away from anything -- didn't think about anything other than turning the pedals and enjoying the day. It is just such a beautiful view.

Go for a ride :)

MattTuck
06-14-2012, 12:00 PM
+2..........and this applies to all sports. Its a game for god's sake! If the bureaucrats want to do something constructive, concentrate on cleaning up the present and future and quit wasting time on history.

Word. they bureaucrats need to justify their own existence.

Gat64
06-14-2012, 12:01 PM

Do you not think that one of the strongest weapons against current doping cheats is the fact that you can not escape it in the future?

bostondrunk
06-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't read it...

this

fiamme red
06-14-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/roger-clemens-trial-jurors-take-break-from-deliberations/2012/06/14/gJQAIXgOcV_blog.html

Jurors deciding the fate of baseball legend Roger Clemens are taking the rest of the week off from their deliberations because of scheduling conflicts.

The jury of 12 Washingtonians returns to the District’s federal courthouse Monday to try to determine whether the star pitcher lied to Congress in 2008 when he denied ever having taken performance-enhancing drugs.

vav
06-14-2012, 12:13 PM
just back from my lunch ride, up steven's from etna and onto sunset rock. I don't do that area much, but man, what a view. Go up there and i feel like i'm about a thousand miles away from anything -- didn't think about anything other than turning the pedals and enjoying the day. It is just such a beautiful view.

spot on!!

laupsi
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Just back from my lunch ride, up Steven's from Etna and onto Sunset Rock. I don't do that area much, but man, what a view. Go up there and I feel like I'm about a thousand miles away from anything -- didn't think about anything other than turning the pedals and enjoying the day. It is just such a beautiful view.

reading this sitting at my desk; phones ringing, emails pouring in, deadlines looming...,now that ain't fair! :)

jeduardo
06-14-2012, 01:13 PM
f(LA)= John Wallis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinitesimal_calculus)

Do yourself a favor & READ THIS info instead (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/index.html)

Don't read it...

firerescuefin
06-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Somebody else already said it above, but knowing that you can't hide from it (now or in the future)...goes a long ways to cleaning it up in the present.

Germany_chris
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Word. they bureaucrats need to justify their own existence.

I'm one of those, but I know why I exist :p

Viper
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
It's a Star Wars vs. Star Trek convention this Lance doping thingy. It's lightsabers versus Spock's superego versus Kirk's ego versus McCoy's ID. It's Coke versus Pepsi. It's Heather Thomas versus Heather Locklear. It's Air Jordan versus Vegas. It's Tiger Woods versus Tiger Woods. It's Ben Affleck versus Shia LaBeouf. It's Campy versus Shimano. It's Steel versus Carbon. It's, "Jerry, they're real and they're spectacular" versus Silicone versus Saline.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fuk8TDxU1qbhcdgo1_500.png

Ti Designs
06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I plan to remain glued to my computer screen, reading everything written, spoken or released on this until every single person in the world is satisfied with the outcome.

Germany_chris
06-14-2012, 02:30 PM
I plan to remain glued to my computer screen, reading everything written, spoken or released on this until every single person in the world is satisfied with the outcome.

:banana::hello::p

nebraskacycling
06-14-2012, 02:32 PM

So you create another thread about it? With a sweet title to draw me in :help:

slowgoing
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Wake you up when it's over? You'll be a modern age Rip Van Winkle.

cmg
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
here is a photo of heather thomas instead.........:) ah..... baby

Germany_chris
06-14-2012, 03:34 PM
here is a photo of heather thomas instead.........:) ah..... baby
and I raise you a Dead Milkmen song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIkZS_06Nw&feature=related