PDA

View Full Version : USADA puts an end to Comeback 3.0

CunegoFan
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/othersports/lance-armstrong-faces-fresh-doping-charges-from-usada/2012/06/13/gJQAefnPaV_story.html

sc53
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Just saw that! So now we are on to Doping Investigation 2.0. When does he just confess and end all this?

CunegoFan
06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Just saw that! So now we are on to Doping Investigation 2.0. When does he just confess and end all this?

Armstrong will lie about it until the day he dies. The Men's Journal article makes it clear that he is has taken to heart what Dubya once said. "You can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool some of the people all the time. Those are the ones you need to concentrate on." He has decided the true believers will believe him no matter what, so there is no reason to tell the truth.

54ny77
06-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Never!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NPeIdlHaoaQ/TF19lUlUbqI/AAAAAAAAHHw/ml-3zlY1qsU/s400/ahab.jpg

When does he just confess and end all this?

verticaldoug
06-13-2012, 02:40 PM
I am bummed. I was enjoying watching Lance kick butt on the triathletes during the bike leg. Now that he has figured out his nutrition with the run, I actually think he had a chance to win Kona. Now we'll never know.

At this point, the whole thing seems a stupid waste of money in my opinion.

ultraman6970
06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Sincerely? The bus left long time ago... too late to catch it. Not a fan of the guy as a person but I believe they have better stuff to do nowadays. This will become a you said, he said stuff again and then 2 more years and stuff.

HE was banned from triathlon, this will include UCI ? if not then he can race.

CunegoFan
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I am bummed. I was enjoying watching Lance kick butt on the triathletes during the bike leg. Now that he has figured out his nutrition with the run, I actually think he had a chance to win Kona. Now we'll never know.

I am sure it is all down to nutrition on the run. :rolleyes:

For a hardcore doper who has been at it for twenty years, beating up pro triathletes, many of whom barely eek out a living, is probably like shooting fish in a barrel.

Armstrong is racing as a professional athlete right now. He was not smart enough to go quietly into retirement like Indurain. Instead he had to keep waving the red cape in front of the bull.

gdw
06-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Yawn.

craptacular
06-13-2012, 03:03 PM
http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstrong-responds-to-usada-allegation

And his response

Steve in SLO
06-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Good Lord

bozman
06-13-2012, 03:20 PM
give it a rest. who cares? doesn't USADA have better things to do with their time and money?

Tony T
06-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised that the USADA didn't wait until June 30th to announce.

Ti Designs
06-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Armstrong will lie about it until the day he dies.

That's just not the same type of swift justice it was in the early days of doping...

laupsi
06-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Good Lord

no, no, no...

first he needs to come to his knees and accept he's mortal like all others. then the dead horse will have been beaten.

rpm
06-13-2012, 03:56 PM
It's been a tough week for Johan.

PQJ
06-13-2012, 04:01 PM
give it a rest. who cares? doesn't USADA have better things to do with their time and money?

Totally agree. The United States Anti-Doping Agency should spend its time and money catching doping cheats and deterring future doping cheats. :eek: Oh, wait, never mind.

HenryA
06-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Armstrong will lie about it until the day he dies. The Men's Journal article makes it clear that he is has taken to heart what Dubya once said. "You can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool some of the people all the time. Those are the ones you need to concentrate on." He has decided the true believers will believe him no matter what, so there is no reason to tell the truth.

A spectacularly asinine post.

Viper
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
That's just not the same type of swift justice it was in the early days of doping...

The long sleep from EPO with blood as thick as gear oil. Perhaps Fignon said it best, as he knew:

http://images.borders.com.au/images/bau/97802240/9780224083195/0/0/plain/we-were-young-and-carefree-the-autobiography-of-laurent-fignon.jpg

Contador had a brain aneurysm, did EPO or drugs play a role? I suspect there will be more Fignons years from now. As far as this latest USADA 'ban', I am shocked and did not forsee this event at all. They must have something concrete, actual blood samples from 2009 and 2010. If they do, they do. And if they do, attack Armstrong on 2009 and 2010's results, but if you do not have blood and evidence for le 7 Tours, I say to USADA, go **** yourselves and STFU.

BumbleBeeDave
06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/lance-armstrong-wants-to-tell-nation-something-but,17973/

;)

CunegoFan
06-13-2012, 04:55 PM

Fcuk you.

Hawker
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
No longer a fan, but I was sorta interested in seeing what he could do at Kona.

Wonder if Horner and Hincapie will get scooped up in any of this as former mates?

ClutchCargo
06-13-2012, 05:11 PM

apparently not.
(except, yo, they're funding mostly by Congressional grants. so, it's, like, our money!)

firerescuefin
06-13-2012, 05:27 PM

What about the way Armstrong has carried himself and perpetrated the "lie" makes a sentence of Cunego's post inaccurate. The only people that believe Lance are those that choose to remain ignorant, because they want to believe the dream.

Earl Gray
06-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Fcuk you.

Nice.

P.s. Nan nan na boo boo you can catch him!

gdw
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
"What about the way Armstrong has carried himself and perpetrated the "lie" makes a sentence of Cunego's post inaccurate."

His post probably refers to the George W quote. Bringing W into the thread was pretty lame.

As to whether Armstrong did or didn't dope.... most people have a life and really don't care. The Armstrong saga is pathetic and makes pro cycling look pathetic and the USADA vindictive and petty.

Earl Gray
06-13-2012, 05:37 PM
No longer a fan, but I was sorta interested in seeing what he could do at Kona....

I'd be willing to make a small wager that this will not keep him from racing Kona.

Elefantino
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I will not rule out Comeback 3.0 until the rollout on June 30!

:fight:

firerescuefin
06-13-2012, 05:40 PM
"What about the way Armstrong has carried himself and perpetrated the "lie" makes a sentence of Cunego's post inaccurate."

His post probably refers to the George W quote. Bringing W into the thread was pretty lame.

As to whether Armstrong did or didn't dope.... most people have a life and really don't care. The Armstrong saga is pathetic and makes pro cycling look pathetic and the USADA vindictive and petty.

This is my last post on the matter, because your right...it's pretty tired.

If the allegations that USADA are moving forward with are true, they are neither vindictive or petty. They are doing their job. Lance has been an arrogant, lying, dick IMO for a long time, and has treated a lot of people like sh*t. Personally, I like seeing people like that brought to justice.

Earl Gray
06-13-2012, 05:45 PM
This is my last post on the matter, because your right...it's pretty tired.

If the allegations that USADA are moving forward with are true, they are neither vindictive or petty. They are doing their job. Lance has been an arrogant, lying, dick IMO for a long time, and has treated a lot of people like sh*t. Personally, I like seeing people like that brought to justice.

Thankfully, justice is not served based on your (or my) opinion.

ATMO's are like A-holes, blah, blah, blah.

firerescuefin
06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Thankfully, justice is not served based on your (or my) opinion.

Agreed....on all accounts.

Fixed
06-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I wish I had the talent that is in lance little finger

That is what she said
Cheers :eek:

David Kirk
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
So .......... if they get this to go through and tour victories are pulled who will they give them to? What are the chances that the guy who took second was clean?

They might have to go pretty far down the list. Hell - maybe I won!!!

dave

54ny77
06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
how'd you like to come home to a letter like this in your mailbox?

"hi honey, welcome home. what? did I check the mail? yeah. we got a val-pack coupon clipper, the gas bill, and you got something from usada-something. must be a charity/fundraising thing, i dunno."

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/armstrongcharging0613.pdf

1centaur
06-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Good thing Hincapie's decided to retire...

ultraman6970
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
What it will happen to hamilton and landis now? If all of this falls though, then means that both of them never lied, it means that are hero's or something??

Bob Loblaw
06-13-2012, 06:43 PM
This will never, ever be over. USADA will shut Lance out of competition for two years and then close the investigation. Then WADA will take over, then CAS. Then civil suits.

This is no longer even a caricature of justice. The Lance Witch-hunt is nothing but a time/money bonfire with lawyers gleefully dancing around it.

BL

Elefantino
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
It's been here before, but it's a list worth remembering. There will be no Andy Schleck or Oscar Pereiro-like ceremonies for The Seven Tours if LA's wins are vacated:

1. Lance Armstrong
2. Alex Zülle (‘98 busted for EPO)
3. Fernando Escartín (systematic Festina team doping exposed in ‘04, but he was never busted)
4. Laurent Dufaux (‘98 busted for EPO)
5. Ángel Casero (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)

1. Lance Armstrong
2. Jan Ullrich (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
3. Joseba Beloki (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
4. Christophe Moraue (‘98 busted for EPO)
5. Roberto Heras (‘05 busted for EPO)

1. Lance Armstrong
3. Joseba Beloki (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
4. Andrei Kivilev (dead)
5. Igor González de Galdeano (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)

1. Lance Armstrong
2. Joseba Beloki (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
3. Raimondas Rumšas (Suspended in ‘03 for doping)
4. Santiago Botero (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
5. Igor González de Galdeano (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)

1. Lance Armstrong
3. Alexander Vinokourov (Suspended in ‘07 for CERA)
4. Tyler Hamilton (Suspended ‘04 for blood doping)
5. Haimar Zubeldia

1. Lance Armstrong
2. Andreas Kloden (Named in doping case in ‘08)
3. Ivan Basso (Suspended in ‘07 for Operacion Puerto ties)
4. Jan Ullrich (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
5. Jose Azevedo (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)

1. Lance Armstrong
2. Ivan Basso (Suspended in ‘07 for Operacion Puerto ties)
3. Jan Ullrich (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
4. Fransico Mancebo (‘06 implicated in Operacion Puerto)
5. Alexander Vinokourov (Suspended in ‘07 for CERA)

bart998
06-13-2012, 06:54 PM
This will never, ever be over. USADA will shut Lance out of competition for two years and then close the investigation. Then WADA will take over, then CAS. Then civil suits.

This is no longer even a caricature of justice. The Lance Witch-hunt is nothing but a time/money bonfire with lawyers gleefully dancing around it.

BL

I say we grab the torches and pitchforks and march on the USADA now. Not a Lance fan, it's hard to respect a man who dumps his wife and kids for a rock star, but leave the man alone. If you only have the tired old "witnesses" with no credibility that were used before.... fa'ghetaboutit. Oh wait... they have 4 year old blood that's been tested umpteen times before with no results.... NOW it's positive? Unlikely. More likely tampered with or contaminated in a lab somewhere.

67-59
06-13-2012, 07:00 PM
If Lance's wins ever got vacated and they went down the list to find a clean rider, the Lanterne Rouge would likely also be the Maillot Jaune....

wooly
06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Fcuk you.

I've read your posts for a handful of months and your points are always well thought out. But I don't think this response was warranted.

laupsi
06-13-2012, 08:10 PM
this is it folks, just like Sagan winning flat stages in recent tours w/out MC, it was very predictable. an ominous sign when the Feds dropped their case against LA so abruptly, the other shoe had yet to fall.

respect the man, love the man, hate the man we all have opinions. do not lose sight of the truth people, in the history of the TDF those who cheat and got caught have been relegated and dethroned, go back as far as you want, it's all there.

constant utterances that "I never tested positive" just ain't true folks. said repeatedly, a lie is a lie is a lie is a lie. he's tested positive it was just never made official. not until now!

thinpin
06-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I've read your posts for a handful of months and your points are always well thought out. But I don't think this response was warranted.

The "assinine" comment was unnecessary, especially without clarification. The occasional profanity is a fact of life.

As for Mr A I believe it's important to follow through to the bitter end. Leaving him off the hook will send the wrong message, and provide a blueprint for future cheaters to follow.

Rueda Tropical
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM

Money is already spent. The feds collected all the evidence and spent the money. They were the only ones with the authority to make everyone spill the beans. Now that they turned over everything to the sporting authorities it's a done deal.

Fixed
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM

BL

+1
Cheers

rain dogs
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstrong-responds-to-usada-allegation

And his response

Hmmm. Interesting. I'd almost even say ....that's funny.

Didn't LA just say this on May 10th?:

“I’d never waste another minute trying to convince somebody I’m innocent,” said the Texan. “I think everybody’s made up their minds. Nobody’s on the fence about me anymore. blah...blah..blah...”

People agree this is a waste of time and money. If they feel that way, fine, but it could all be over in 5 minutes if Lance would just stop and tell the truth.

USADA has 10 cyclists now!.... 10! Seriously, Lance, if you're honestly concerned about tax payer money and not building a strawman, then stop wasting everyone's money.

It's the story of the whispering weeds and the King's secret. The truth will always come out, it wants to, and it has to.

BumbleBeeDave
06-13-2012, 08:37 PM
. . . "asinine" and "FU" then I think we're done here.

BBD

Ahneida Ride
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Inappropriate comment ! :butt:

Ahneida Ride
06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Fcuk you.

again .... not appreciated here at this Phorum. :butt:

this Phorum has a long history not reverting to 4 letter words.